Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 03:50 PM

64 posts, read 46,680 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about potentially buying a 5-8 unit multi-family building in a desirable area near downtown Winston Salem and living in one of the units. Keep it as a long term investment with the rental income. What do you think the future of this city looks like? Do you think it is on an upward spiral and would be a good place to invest in something like this now in 2020? Where do you see this city in 5, 10 years and beyond?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2020, 04:07 PM

773 posts, read 646,720 times
I think W-S has a bright future and will continue to be a vibrant, growing city.

Old 10-30-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
I think W-S has a bright future and will continue to be a vibrant, growing city.
What factors do you think are contributing to this?

Old 10-30-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBlue111 View Post
What factors do you think are contributing to this?
Vibrant, renovated downtown. A relatively stable employment base of education/medical/finance (despite the BB&T/Truist merger). Well known arts and tourism sectors. Attractive, stable neighborhoods. Solid business and political leadership.

Old 10-30-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Vibrant, renovated downtown. A relatively stable employment base of education/medical/finance (despite the BB&T/Truist merger). Well known arts and tourism sectors. Attractive, stable neighborhoods. Solid business and political leadership.
I would add close to mountains and nice terrain. Coveted open, undeveloped spaces all around. There is some beautiful land out there. Nice smaller city which is so appealing these days given how many larger cities are 'maxed out' with all their issues and problems.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:36 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,026,863 times
Winston Salem was really appealing giving its bigger city feel of it's downtown. Really nice what they've done. The proximity to the mountains were a big draw too.

But the biggest downside why we didn't pick Winston was because Greensboro was more developed and had nicer communities. Winston Salem gets ugly fast and there were little communities that were both walkable and nice. The people i was with looking said Winston Salem (Outside its downtown part) was sketchy.

If they could work on that, that would be great.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:09 AM

80 posts, read 69,649 times
Winston doesn’t have any more or less sketchy areas than any other city. Crime stats are certainly no worse than any other populated area of NC. Basically there are areas to avoid just like everywhere else but overall it’s a very safe city just like any other in this state.

I think Winston will be similar to the rest of the Triad. Solid if unspectacular growth benefiting from geographic location and excellent quality of life. With the state growing so rapidly driven by the Triangle and Charlotte the Triad will grow if for no other reason by being in proximity to those areas. Long term I think the prospects are good and investments in good locations will pay off.

Old 10-31-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-V-R View Post
Winston doesn’t have any more or less sketchy areas than any other city. Crime stats are certainly no worse than any other populated area of NC. Basically there are areas to avoid just like everywhere else but overall it’s a very safe city just like any other in this state.

I think Winston will be similar to the rest of the Triad. Solid if unspectacular growth benefiting from geographic location and excellent quality of life. With the state growing so rapidly driven by the Triangle and Charlotte the Triad will grow if for no other reason by being in proximity to those areas. Long term I think the prospects are good and investments in good locations will pay off.
Its bit less polished than other cities (Bar, High Point) in the Triad area outside of its great downtown. That was a huge knockoff for Winston.

Old 10-31-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Its bit less polished than other cities (Bar, High Point) in the Triad area outside of its great downtown. That was a huge knockoff for Winston.
What? You're saying W-S is less "polished" than High Point? What does that mean?

Old 10-31-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
What? You're saying W-S is less "polished" than High Point? What does that mean?
Bar means other than or except. When I said Bar High Point, it meant except High Point. Meaning less polished than all cities except High Point in the triad which include Greensboro, Winston Salem, Kernersville, Thomasville and high Point that ive seen.

Not including the downtown portion of Winston*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point