Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2023, 07:07 PM

1,239 posts, read 1,080,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Just announced today that after considerable delay that Miss Johnnie Mae's opens on April 15. S&G is a nice idea that still has felt a bit empty so it'll be good to see another option open.

On top of that, later this month Pies On Pizza Co will also open (just in time for Rockers baseball). Owned by the same folks who own Times Square Pizza in Lexington, they claim that they will serve traditional pizza with "a creative twist".

Finally, they've announced a partnership with Ziggy's to have some live music at S&G.

I'd say things are really coming together. If I'm not mistaken, they have room for one more food stand.
A new space is coming to S&G: Harvest Boards and Bowls. They bill themselves as a salad and charcuterie place and "health conscious". Not my thing personally but it has a place.

As for the pizza place, they were all set for April... postponed until May... annnnnd...... radio silence. Last I was there (late May) there was zero progress on it. So I'm not optimistic.

Assuming the pizza place is a no, that leaves one more spot I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2023, 12:40 PM

So PiesOn has suddenly become active again and it does appear their opening is pending some final inspections.

Hopefully they can open before the Rockers season is over (about a month to go).

Old 12-01-2023, 12:35 PM

PiesOn and Harvest have both opened now. From what I understand now, there is no more room for anything else unless/until something moves out.

Personally not a fan of the Dogs place (very overpriced for what you get) so while I don't like to see anyplace fail... if something has to make room, I hope it's that.

Old 12-07-2023, 10:24 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,925,118 times
Quote:
PiesOn and Harvest have both opened now. From what I understand now, there is no more room for anything else unless/until something moves out.

Personally not a fan of the Dogs place (very overpriced for what you get) so while I don't like to see anyplace fail... if something has to make room, I hope it's that.
Nearly everything in there is overpriced but I guess it has to be since the foot traffic isn’t heavy. Rooting for all the food vendors in there. I just wish it’d get more foot traffic. It’s still the best food hall in the Triad fwiw.

Old 12-07-2023, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Nearly everything in there is overpriced but I guess it has to be since the foot traffic isn’t heavy. Rooting for all the food vendors in there. I just wish it’d get more foot traffic. It’s still the best food hall in the Triad fwiw.
As far as I know, its the only pure food hall in the Triad (ROAR seems to have gotten away from the food hall idea).

Unfortunately, it was announced today actually that Johnnie Mae's has closed. Not terribly surprised as they didnt really have a consistent menu and were highly overpriced... but the food was VERY good and I'll miss the place.

That said, something a little more unique would be nice. The dog place is next IMO... never busy when I've been and more expensive than even ballgame hot dogs and lesser quality.

Old 12-07-2023, 07:42 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,925,118 times
Quote:
As far as I know, its the only pure food hall in the Triad (ROAR seems to have gotten away from the food hall idea).

Unfortunately, it was announced today actually that Johnnie Mae's has closed. Not terribly surprised as they didnt really have a consistent menu and were highly overpriced... but the food was VERY good and I'll miss the place.

That said, something a little more unique would be nice. The dog place is next IMO... never busy when I've been and more expensive than even ballgame hot dogs and lesser quality.
Not Johnnie Mae … Nooooooooo! say it ain’t soooo. I concur JM was the best there, but it was overpriced. I hope JM has a food truck or something.

Have you eaten at Burlington’s Food Hall? I’d be curious to know your thoughts on it.

Also, I was wondering whether the City of High Point was providing any assistance to the food vendors particularly since the foot traffic is so low. Seems as if the city had an interest in it being sustainable, then it would get involved.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Not Johnnie Mae … Nooooooooo! say it ain’t soooo. I concur JM was the best there, but it was overpriced. I hope JM has a food truck or something.

Have you eaten at Burlington’s Food Hall? I’d be curious to know your thoughts on it.

Also, I was wondering whether the City of High Point was providing any assistance to the food vendors particularly since the foot traffic is so low. Seems as if the city had an interest in it being sustainable, then it would get involved.
Never been to Burlington's and wasnt aware they had a food hall honestly. Looked at it online and the main vendors look basic but OK... not something I'd travel 45 minutes to see.

As for S&G, Im not sure what if any assistance the city gives though I'm sure the city does something. If the city isn't propping S&G up, Im sure they will for a few years if it were to become necessary. They have a lot of interest in that whole stadium area. It's a lot better than it was 7 years ago when I moved here but it has a ways to go still. It has been fairly busy when I've been but other than one time I've only gone when there's a baseball game or other event. The other time was a Sunday afternoon.

JM's had great food but I'm not sure they had the whole actually running a business bit down though. I need to get down there and check out the pizza place. I know pizza isnt a unique eat but they do seem to have some interesting selections as far as pizza varieties.

Old 12-08-2023, 11:30 AM

395 posts, read 304,612 times
Quote:

In regards to ROAR not being focused as a food hall anymore. What is that place becoming.. more like a event center? I haven't gotten to check out Roar yet...

Old 12-08-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
In regards to ROAR not being focused as a food hall anymore. What is that place becoming.. more like a event center? I haven't gotten to check out Roar yet...
So, they still have a "food hall" per se... but it's like four vendors and it's more like four integrated concepts rather than individual businesses. The quality at the food hall used to be decent... but the quality of food seems to have dipped some. They used to have 2 full service restaurants but they eliminated 1 (and the better one at that).

They seem to have gone the route of entertainment/drinking destination where you can also grab some grub. But there doesn't seem to be a cohesive vision to it all. The whole thing feels like a hodge podge of activities executed in a half-fast manner.

They're working on a 2nd location Rock Hill if I'm not mistaken. They have a lot of money to throw at this... but I suspect they'll end up cutting losses in Winston-Salem in a year or two. Its a ghost town every time I go.

Old 12-08-2023, 02:51 PM

395 posts, read 304,612 times
Hmmm . I wonder if the building downtown in Greensboro could kinda be consider a food Hall. the building that has four different restaurants in it. Like one was a hibachi place. Think its called Midories , one was Italian. I hadn't been in that building in a few years so not sure what all still is there. I think it might have held four restaurants all together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point