Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 07:30 PM

701 posts, read 512,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Hmmm . I wonder if the building downtown in Greensboro could kinda be consider a food Hall. the building that has four different restaurants in it. Like one was a hibachi place. Think its called Midories , one was Italian. I hadn't been in that building in a few years so not sure what all still is there. I think it might have held four restaurants all together.

Ha. I was thinking the same thing. I have been meaning to go there and check out Zaytoon's Mediterranean Grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Not Johnnie Mae … Nooooooooo! say it ain’t soooo. I concur JM was the best there, but it was overpriced. I hope JM has a food truck or something.

ved.

Yes, they have a food truck, they shared it on their instagram account, and gave a location where they were gonna be this weekend. Also stated their reasons for leaving the food hall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2023, 10:10 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,924,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Ha. I was thinking the same thing. I have been meaning to go there and check out Zaytoon's Mediterranean Grill.

Yes, they have a food truck, they shared it on their instagram account, and gave a location where they were gonna be this weekend. Also stated their reasons for leaving the food hall.
Thank you for that information. I saw a post that hinted at pretty big announcement forthcoming.

Old 12-09-2023, 12:16 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,079,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post

Glad to know JM's has a food truck. I'll have to check it out.

Old Today, 10:05 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,079,595 times
A little late here, but there's a new vendor at S&G: Taco Street. I did feel early on that this was a missed opportunity for the food hall and while taco restaurants are fairly abundant, people love tacos.

So with BBQ, burgers/dogs, tacos, pizza, sushi, and salads/charcuterie as the options for food at this point, it may be a bit basic... but at least there's a bit of all the basics. I still think they need something a bit more unique though. While food halls have been attractions in larger cities, I do sort of question whether these smaller scale food halls in much smaller markets like High Point or Concord (where Taco Street has their other location) are sustainable in the long run. S&G can be fairly busy when there's an event going on.... but I've been a couple times outside of an event going on and the place was a ghost town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point