Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 12:23 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times

Advertisements

https://stockandgrainhp.com/

While on the topic of food halls, less is known about the one High Point is getting. Instead of being more of an experience like Roar in Winston-Salem, this appears to be more of a focus on the food vendors, with 10 vendor spots in total.

It will be nice to have that right next to the ballpark. Grab a beer at the new brewery (Paddled South), head to the food hall for a pre-game meal, head to the ballpark and get another brew at High-Pint, and then take in a ballgame. Sounds like a good time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the vendors this brings in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 11:32 AM

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...food-hall.html

The article is behind a paywall, but it appears we have one tenant for the new food hall in High Point; Yumi Sushi.

When it's all said and done, there should be 9 more spots announced.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:12 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...ource=facebook

So now we know three tenants. Seven to go. I'm digging the idea of Texas style BBQ. Looking like a full opening a couple months before baseball season. Should be enough time to work out the kinks.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:42 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
I hope this helps with the efforts to bring some more life into that area of High Point. The Rockers unwittingly got started at a lousy time (2019?). I wonder if the increasing enrollment, and staggering amount of money that has been pumped into capital improvements on the ever expanding campus will be a good market for this.

Old 01-11-2022, 07:43 PM

Per a Facebook post today on the Stock and Grain page, a 4th tenant has been announced. Damn Good Dogs is the next announced tenant. It appears they do elevated hot dogs and will also bring smash burgers as well.

This on top of sushi, doughnuts, and Texas BBQ. Hopefully some of the remaining spots have some unique eats.

Old 01-13-2022, 12:47 PM

And another announcement today with the addition of Go Yaki. They describe themselves as "Afro-***", specializing in bowls, rolls, and "yaki"wangs" (their term, not mine).

The link below is for their Durham truck.

https://www.facebook.com/GOYAKITOGO

Old 02-08-2022, 12:16 PM

ROAR and S&G appear to be going back and forth making announcements and news. Now it's Stock and Grain's turn as they announced two of their bars thar would be part of the establishment.

Beverly will greet you at the entrance and will have 20 beers on tap. They appear to be a bit of a traditional bar scene with trivia nights and the like.

Cahoots will be the outdoor patio bar. Live music will be part of their mix. I imagine it would be an interesting place to take in the sounds of a Rockers game too (maybe pre-game and the 1st inning or two before going in or maybe an inning or two post-departure).

Stock and Grain will be located at 275 Elm St. High Point, NC 27262.

Old 02-08-2022, 04:29 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Stock and Grain will be located at 275 Elm St. High Point, NC 27262.
I see what you did right there, lol.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
I see what you did right there, lol.
Gotta make sure the people are informed.

In all seriousness, I'm really hoping for a Cousins Maine Lobster location... either here or at ROAR. I know there's Lobster Dogs truck, but they don't do Connecticut style rolls (warmed Lobster with butter). Or some type of food that's generally unique to the Triad would be nice too.

As for S&G, it appears they have three more spots to fill as they have filled 7 (5 food spots and 2 drink spots). I would assume those should all be food related.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:13 PM

It has been a while but another announcement finally with Melrose Coffee joining the scene. In addition to coffee, they also will sell "refreshers", pastries, and loose leaf teas.

Interestingly, Melrose beat S&G to the punch yesterday announcing their new location. Additionally, they finally put a month to opening... that being in June. Of course, technically S&G could open before Melrose, but June makes sense based on what I've seen.

Two more spots to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point