Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 09:13 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

I drive by the construction site on a regular basis.

The amount of land they are clearing for this is huge, and it looks like they're still clearing more.

You could build a small city there.

I suspect real estate values in the tiny town of Liberty as well as nearby areas like Burlington are going to go way up, if they haven't started to already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 06:06 PM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
Im telling you guys Burlington might be sketchy and backwards now, but it could be the next up and coming Triad City.. especially when all the areas near Durham and Raleigh get completely insane with sky high prices. Burlington might be where people trickle too even though they still end up paying a high price tag for a place in Burlington one day. It would still be cheaper then the former.. i mean I don't think Burlington is gonna change by 2030, but who knows what it could look like by 2050!!! Also I'm not sure, is Burlington considered the Triad or is it the Triangle?

Old 01-24-2023, 08:32 PM

377 posts, read 203,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I drive by the construction site on a regular basis.

The amount of land they are clearing for this is huge, and it looks like they're still clearing more.

You could build a small city there.

I suspect real estate values in the tiny town of Liberty as well as nearby areas like Burlington are going to go way up, if they haven't started to already.
Fat Bob96. LOL

Old 01-24-2023, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Im telling you guys Burlington might be sketchy and backwards now, but it could be the next up and coming Triad City.. especially when all the areas near Durham and Raleigh get completely insane with sky high prices. Burlington might be where people trickle too even though they still end up paying a high price tag for a place in Burlington one day. It would still be cheaper then the former.. i mean I don't think Burlington is gonna change by 2030, but who knows what it could look like by 2050!!! Also I'm not sure, is Burlington considered the Triad or is it the Triangle?
Burlington is in a sweet spot. It will benefit from the Triangle's westward growth, yet it is technically in the Triad.

Last edited by Mr. Big; 01-24-2023 at 08:53 PM..

Old 01-25-2023, 10:02 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post

Burlington is firmly in the Triad. For me, once you get to the Mebane exits on 40/85, that area is more oriented towards the Triangle. I guess Graham is lumped in with Burlington.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:46 AM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Burlington is firmly in the Triad. For me, once you get to the Mebane exits on 40/85, that area is more oriented towards the Triangle. I guess Graham is lumped in with Burlington.
For me it kinda feels like ones your at Tanger outlet your definitely in Triangle territory! Anyway it will be interesting to see what becomes of Burlington.. I remember when no one wanted to live in Kernersville aka Kvegas as they called it. And now its a sweet spot ,that's gotten pricy! I feel like it's not gonna be the cheapest option for long and will me matching Gso/WS prices soon if not already! Same def can happen for Burlington.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:36 PM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Quote:
Toyota North America has upped its investment — this time by $2.1 billion Wednesday to $5.9 billion — in its North Carolina electric-vehicle battery plant.

The planned manufacturing plant in Liberty has become the largest single economic-development project commitment in North Carolina history even though the first battery won't be available until 2025.

The Toyota pledge exceeds the planned $5 billion Wolfspeed semiconductor manufacturing plant in Siler City.

“Toyota's significant investment in our state, now nearly $6 billion, is terrific news and more evidence that North Carolina is a leader in the clean energy economy,” Gov. Roy Cooper said in a statement.

“Toyota believes in our world-class workforce to power its future success, and I appreciate this enormous commitment here.”
https://journalnow.com/business/tech...5f1dcf337.html

Old 05-31-2023, 04:49 PM

851 posts, read 416,141 times
Very big news for the Triad. Now we'll find out who wants to work and who doesn't. These aren't glamorous jobs but it's an opportunity to step up for anyone who wants to reach for a piece of the pie.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:13 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Looks like the plant is drawing people from across the country to move to the Triad. This is how a metro area is suppose to grow. This has been happening in the Triangle and Charlotte for years.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...6-3b7dd1a716c0

Old 06-01-2023, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Looks like the plant is drawing people from across the country to move to the Triad. This is how a metro area is suppose to grow. This has been happening in the Triangle and Charlotte for years.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...6-3b7dd1a716c0
The investment is already attracting Toyota workers from other facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point