Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2023, 08:54 PM

378 posts, read 204,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Diversified is always better? That's what I told my ex-wife about my girlfriends, and now she gets half my pension.
WAIT. Let me get some popcorn first, so that I can relax and watch this catfight. Oh boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 05:04 AM

920 posts, read 746,563 times
Quote:
Obtuse? You coulda looked up preponderance y'know. Doesn't Greensboro already have the mix you're talking about? Where's
the magic? We're not talking about starting a town from scratch and making it an amusement park. Let's clean up what we've got, get rid of the trash, the graffiti, the loud cars and the bums. Let's make it safe and attractive for families, and bring some money in to support the merchants we've got. Let's reach out to residents and see what would bring their wallets in. Why NOT a small amusement park in one of the vacant lots? An imax? The bowling alley was a great idea. A water feature? More greenspace? The safer, the cleaner and more attractive a city is, the better chance it has of attracting any development at all. Greensboro stretches for 127 square miles. I just don't attach the same relevance to a tiny downtown that some of you do.
Obviously downtown G'boro, like the entire city, should be clean and safe. Thats hardly a revelation Capt. Obvious.

Quote:
I only replied to YOUR initial reply as a courtesy. Truth is that you're one of the very few here that I'd rather not engage in conversation.
Then please don't. I don't care either way.

Quote:
I get it, you're mad that I set you straight on the crime stats.
Sorry, I have no idea what you're referring to. Clearly, you're the one with an issue towards me. You're just another name on this forum to me. I don't create any sort of thoughts or narrative about you or any other poster on here, and you don't occupy any space in my head. You should try it.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an answer to my question., which is the only reason I posted on this thread.

Old 04-10-2023, 06:12 AM

851 posts, read 416,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Obviously downtown G'boro, like the entire city, should be clean and safe. Thats hardly a revelation Capt. Obvious.

Then please don't. I don't care either way.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're referring to. Clearly, you're the one with an issue towards me. You're just another name on this forum to me. I don't create any sort of thoughts or narrative about you or any other poster on here, and you don't occupy any space in my head. You should try it.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an answer to my question., which is the only reason I posted on this thread.
You first. From which crime data site do you cull your information? If it's embarrassing, you can PM me.

Old 04-10-2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
There's always room for disagreement. Personally, I'd make the focus downtown on leisure and entertainment. This in turn, draws folks to support local merchants. An economy based on manufacturing and transportation/logistics, and make no mistake that this isn't our future trump card to play, will deploy to suit the needs of the employer and not likely anywhere near downtown. Greensboro is nominally a city, but it more closely resembles a sprawling suburb. I just don't attach the economic importance to a downtown that you do. Start with the basics and clean it up. Broom out the vagrants and beggars, shut down the loud muffler a**holes. Put out some more beat cops and go broken window. It's gotta crawl before it can walk.
Regarding Greensboro, a city that already has a diversified mix downtown: "Personally, I'd make the focus downtown on leisure and entertainment". I'm satisfied that this entire post expresses my opinion clearly.

Last edited by TunedIn; 04-10-2023 at 06:49 AM..

Old 04-10-2023, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Regarding Greensboro, a city that already has a diversified mix downtown: "Personally, I'd make the focus downtown on leisure and entertainment". I'm satisfied that this entire post expresses my opinion clearly.
But you do realize downtown G'boro already has a minor league baseball stadium, a (new and very nice) performing arts center, Lebauer Park, museums, a greenway, etc. How many more leisure and entertainment opportunities are there for downtown? Especially considering the rest of the leisure and entertainment facilities elsewhere in the city. Just doesn't seem like an area of opportunity to me.

Old 04-10-2023, 08:02 AM

Quote:
But you do realize downtown G'boro already has a minor league baseball stadium, a (new and very nice) performing arts center, Lebauer Park, museums, a greenway, etc. How many more leisure and entertainment opportunities are there for downtown? Especially considering the rest of the leisure and entertainment facilities elsewhere in the city. Just doesn't seem like an area of opportunity to me.
One thing at a time. I'd start with an amusement park. We're not starting a city from scratch. The mix you're talking about already exists, I'd beef up ways to pry wallets into downtown. I don't know what's left for us to talk about.

Old 04-10-2023, 10:36 AM

385 posts, read 289,179 times
One thing that would beef up wallets downtown is having mores stores and having stores that actually stay open when theres heavy foot traffic in evenings and wknds.. no one is going to pop into the current stores to shop on their lunch break during the work day! Also more outside dining areas with tables that's aren't wobbley or make u feel like your on a "see saw" as much as I love Grey's taven, their outside seating is much to be desired.. seems like a after thought and now that I'm older, I kinda wish the few night clubs that are downtown were located else where . downtown needs to rebrand it's image as a place for young professionals , right now its vibe is college.. the clientale is mostly college ...I say make spring garden and tate st the college aera and start focusing on professionals downtown!

Old 04-10-2023, 02:42 PM

Quote:
One thing at a time. I'd start with an amusement park. We're not starting a city from scratch. The mix you're talking about already exists, I'd beef up ways to pry wallets into downtown. I don't know what's left for us to talk about.
LOL at an amusement park. Thats amusing, so to speak. But yeah, its obvious you have nothing substantive to discuss. Take care.

Old 04-10-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
LOL at an amusement park. Thats amusing, so to speak. But yeah, its obvious you have nothing substantive to discuss. Take care.
And a modern drive-in. And an imax. All three would bring me downtown. In a minute. With my wallet. Two of my three neighbors like it too. You show up to argue with me and don't offer a solitary idea of your own. Except: "A mix is.....good. Yeah that's it, a mix is.....um......ah.....good." And what's the big secret with your crime data site. National security? Copyright infringment? You remember kid, you know you do.

Last edited by TunedIn; 04-10-2023 at 07:24 PM..

Old 04-10-2023, 07:39 PM

Quote:
And a modern drive-in. And an imax. All three would bring me downtown. In a minute. With my wallet. Two of my three neighbors like it too. You show up to argue with me and don't offer a solitary idea of your own. Except: "A mix is.....good. Yeah that's it, a mix is.....um......ah.....good." And what's the big secret with your crime data site. National security? Copyright infringment? You remember kid, you know you do.
No arguing here; still searching for the unicorn downtown you seemed to know about. The drive in movie IS hilarious though, thanks for the laugh! Love the humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point