Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2023, 08:18 PM

851 posts, read 416,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
No arguing here; still searching for the unicorn downtown you seemed to know about. The drive in movie IS hilarious though, thanks for the laugh! Love the humor.
More vegetarian options. Indian. Thai. Premium ice cream shop. A good diner. Still not a single idea of your own? Not one? Why show up? And you're not going to share your crime data site? Secret agent? IRS? Or......embarrassment? Definitely running out of guesses. C'mon, we don't bite. Owen, right?

Last edited by TunedIn; 04-10-2023 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 08:43 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,220,549 times
I'm still waiting on the Greensboro Triumph Center lol

Old 04-11-2023, 04:50 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,220,549 times
Looks like the Triad is finally turning the corner after years of struggling to develop an identity and attract good jobs.

https://myfox8.com/news/buckley-repo...sport-hub/amp/

Old 04-11-2023, 05:01 AM

920 posts, read 746,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
More vegetarian options. Indian. Thai. Premium ice cream shop. A good diner. Still not a single idea of your own? Not one? Why show up? And you're not going to share your crime data site? Secret agent? IRS? Or......embarrassment? Definitely running out of guesses. C'mon, we don't bite. Owen, right?
Keep trying dude, you're almost funny. But really just unhinged, lol.

Old 04-11-2023, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Keep trying dude, you're almost funny. But really just unhinged, lol.
17 posts and counting without a single idea. Dude.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Looks like the Triad is finally turning the corner after years of struggling to develop an identity and attract good jobs.

https://myfox8.com/news/buckley-repo...sport-hub/amp/
It's good news. Manufacturing jobs tend to be far less ephemeral than their white collar counterparts, and better suit the Triad's current demographic. Regarding Toyota, perhaps a partnership with the employer to provide transportation for areas in Greensboro of higher poverty and unemployment. We'll certainly find out who wants to work and who doesn't.

Last edited by TunedIn; 04-11-2023 at 09:37 AM..

Old 04-11-2023, 09:38 AM

385 posts, read 289,179 times
[quote=TunedIn;65130880]It's good news. Manufacturing jobs tend to be far less ephemeral than their white collar counterparts, and better suit the Triad's current demographic. Regarding Toyota, perhaps a partnership with the employer to provide transportation for areas in Greensboro of higher poverty and unemployment.[/QUO

Im gonna wager local temp agencies are already viying for a contract to be Toyotas go to agency for workers.. I bet it will be another company that relies heavy on temp workers and not hire actually labor workers.. it's sad. But seems to be how alot of the manufacturing places do to save on cost.. with that said , I definitely wouldn't expect any type of partnerships as u mentioned.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:55 AM

Respectfully and strongly disagree. Toyota is already in the preliminary stages of hiring directly. They're gonna be paying 60+k with full bennies. If they need a temp. agency, what does that tell us about the local work force. And our fundamental differences are not academic, we'll have our answers soon enough. Personally, I'm not impressed with the work ethic of today's appropriately aged demographic, especially in the South.

Old 04-11-2023, 10:09 AM

[quote=chadfromnc_2000;65130978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
It's good news. Manufacturing jobs tend to be far less ephemeral than their white collar counterparts, and better suit the Triad's current demographic. Regarding Toyota, perhaps a partnership with the employer to provide transportation for areas in Greensboro of higher poverty and unemployment.[/QUO

Im gonna wager local temp agencies are already viying for a contract to be Toyotas go to agency for workers.. I bet it will be another company that relies heavy on temp workers and not hire actually labor workers.. it's sad. But seems to be how alot of the manufacturing places do to save on cost.. with that said , I definitely wouldn't expect any type of partnerships as u mentioned.
I'm lifetime union. Teamsters, then IAFF. I'm a labor guy, and I fully understand the worker/management dynamic. I'm not sure what's led you to your own personal assumptions.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:02 PM

4,590 posts, read 6,419,537 times
Lawd, they fightin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point