Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2023, 01:00 PM

385 posts, read 288,510 times

Advertisements

Cause I use to work briefly as a temp recruiter . Alot of companies in highpoint would put in large order for temps. They just needed bodies . Hard labor and wear a temp out for a day or two and then request another temp to replace the temp that quit. It was a revolving door and the company didn't care. They just needed a person to do the days worth of labor. Also not sure what temp agencies have to do with union??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2023, 01:29 PM

851 posts, read 416,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Cause I use to work briefly as a temp recruiter . Alot of companies in highpoint would put in large order for temps. They just needed bodies . Hard labor and wear a temp out for a day or two and then request another temp to replace the temp that quit. It was a revolving door and the company didn't care. They just needed a person to do the days worth of labor. Also not sure what temp agencies have to do with union??
I understand, but a company like Toyota battery is going to need more than just bodies. And I don't see people that want to move up in the world quitting a job that pays Toyota wages and benefits, unless they're lazy, stupid or some combination of the two. My logic stands for BOOM as well, provided they progress as planned.

Old 04-11-2023, 04:58 PM

I was just trying to say.. that I hope Toyota does hire employees and not rely on a temp work Force to get the jobs done

Old 04-11-2023, 09:03 PM

377 posts, read 203,632 times
Quote:
I was just trying to say.. that I hope Toyota does hire employees and not rely on a temp work Force to get the jobs done
It doesn't matter in the long run. Factory jobs will not be filled by union workers, but by robots. Toyota will quickly realize that robots are cheaper than US Union Labor. Amazon and UPS have already realized this.

Last edited by Mr. Big; 04-11-2023 at 09:17 PM..

Old 04-11-2023, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
It doesn't matter in the long run. Factory jobs will not be filled by union workers, but by robots. Toyota will quickly realize that robots are cheaper than US Union Labor. Amazon and UPS has already realized this.
And they don't take lunch breaks.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:17 PM

377 posts, read 203,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
And they don't take lunch breaks.
Yee

Old 04-12-2023, 07:15 AM

Soo then in reality.. how many "jobs" with this actually bring to the aera. But at least there will be some jobs out of it, but I don't think it's gonna be in the high number they are saying... Hopefully I'm wrong.. .. especially with robots doing majority of work ... One place I sent temps too needed temp workers while the new conveyer belt system was being put in place to label packages. Ones that convery belt system got up and running . They werent gonna to keep the temps in the mean time ,they got all these temps slapping labels on boxes and working hard hoping to get hired on in reality they weren't gonna be needed once the system got up and running.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Soo then in reality.. how many "jobs" with this actually bring to the aera. But at least there will be some jobs out of it, but I don't think it's gonna be in the high number they are saying... Hopefully I'm wrong.. .. especially with robots doing majority of work ... One place I sent temps too needed temp workers while the new conveyer belt system was being put in place to label packages. Ones that convery belt system got up and running . They werent gonna to keep the temps in the mean time ,they got all these temps slapping labels on boxes and working hard hoping to get hired on in reality they weren't gonna be needed once the system got up and running.
I understand your temp experience, but it can't be applied to the situation we're discussing. Toyota has been building cars for a very long time. Very well and very efficiently. The best indications of their expected labor model in Randolph County is their other existing manufacturing facilities. Have temps replaced a permanent workforce? Have robots? It's extremely likely that thousands of jobs with good pay and benefits will be created for the local labor pool. The bad news for today's young men and women is that this work can't be done from home. Or on a smart phone. It involves showing up on time, ready to work an 8 hour day, 5 days per week, 52 weeks per year. Less weekends and holidays. If they're not lined up around the corner for these jobs, then it doesn't bode well for future manufacturing opportunities of this magnitude.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:11 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
I had a thought. As the Triad continues to grow and over the years and passenger flight begins to pick up dramatically to RDU or Charlotte Douglas levels, what if PTI were converted into an industrial airport and a new international airport would be built somewhere else? This way increased passenger flights would not hinder flight schedules for the aerospace companies.

Old 04-12-2023, 10:11 AM

743 posts, read 825,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I had a thought. As the Triad continues to grow and over the years and passenger flight begins to pick up dramatically to RDU or Charlotte Douglas levels, what if PTI were converted into an industrial airport and a new international airport would be built somewhere else? This way increased passenger flights would not hinder flight schedules for the aerospace companies.
Not going to happen IMO. CLT is the second largest hub for one of the world's largest airlines along with a ton of business traveler's . PTI may have found it's niche but here's some food for thought , CLT also happens to control 3,000 acres of land it could develop,has built in rail access, it's own development recruiters & is located in the middle of one the largest manufacturing/logistics corridors in the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point