Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 08:54 AM

23 posts, read 19,919 times

Advertisements

Hello all ~
I’m hoping to get some info on some communities in NC. We are interested in Mackintosh on the Lake in Burlington, Reedy Fork Ranch in Greensboro OR Brightwood Farms in Whitsett.
From what we see, after taking an unofficial tour of the areas, they are beautiful, well kept communities. But what are we missing? When your driving by, you can’t see what’s REALLY going on. We were told by the realtor that these are outstanding communities. But I’d love to hear from locals or residents of the actual communities.

Any info would be helpful!!
Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 05:49 PM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
In my opinion I would avoid Mackintosh on the lake in Burlington.. it is a beautiful spot ,however outside of that spot isn't much to look at... Burlington is pretty rural feeling and stuck with outdated views and not as progressive as Greensboro. A least with Whitset ud be tad closer to Greensboro. But if I had to pick out of the 3 I'd choose the Greensboro aera.

Old 01-05-2022, 05:39 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
I don't know for sure, but all 3 of those likely have HOAs. My sister lives in a development with an "active" HOA in Whitsett and the HOA is misery making. Check to see if that's the case. If you're not used to have somebody you don't know tell you what to do all the time, think twice.

Old 01-05-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
In my opinion I would avoid Mackintosh on the lake in Burlington.. it is a beautiful spot ,however outside of that spot isn't much to look at... Burlington is pretty rural feeling and stuck with outdated views and not as progressive as Greensboro. A least with Whitset ud be tad closer to Greensboro. But if I had to pick out of the 3 I'd choose the Greensboro aera.
Thanks for your opinion. I totally understand what your saying.

Old 01-05-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I don't know for sure, but all 3 of those likely have HOAs. My sister lives in a development with an "active" HOA in Whitsett and the HOA is misery making. Check to see if that's the case. If you're not used to have somebody you don't know tell you what to do all the time, think twice.
You are correct. They all have HOA’s. But we looking for a townhomes with amenities do we are expecting that. We currently have a single family home and want something with less work.
Thank you for your insight. It is much appreciated!

Old 01-05-2022, 06:41 AM

210 posts, read 198,980 times
I'd strongly recommend Greensboro out of those three options.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarino View Post
I'd strongly recommend Greensboro out of those three options.
Great! I’ve heard just there are different parts of Greensboro. Some parts nicer than others. Can you elaborate as to which are better. Better meaning amenities. I love Whole Foods. I see that’s on the NW side of Greensboro. How’s that side?
We are from a suburb of NYC so we are looking for a lively area with things to do. I don’t want to drive 30 minutes to get to a store. Lol
Thanks again

Old 01-05-2022, 09:27 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
The areas you're looking at aren't close to Whole Foods. I live in NW Greensboro, near where I grew up. I don't know about townhome living around here, so I can't point you toward anything specific. Have you been here yet? Are you planning to come look?

I live in 27408. I'm close to Friendly Center, Trader Joe's, Battleground Park, and Total Wine, woohoo. My neighborhood, Garden Homes, is quiet and friendly. But it's nothing like the developments you listed.

Old 01-05-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
The areas you're looking at aren't close to Whole Foods. I live in NW Greensboro, near where I grew up. I don't know about townhome living around here, so I can't point you toward anything specific. Have you been here yet? Are you planning to come look?

I live in 27408. I'm close to Friendly Center, Trader Joe's, Battleground Park, and Total Wine, woohoo. My neighborhood, Garden Homes, is quiet and friendly. But it's nothing like the developments you listed.
I did NC visit last September 2021. It was my first time visiting so I wasn’t sure about which areas to see first. I contacted a realtor who showed me Reddy Fork Ranch which was nice! Then I saw Mackintosh on line and looked beautiful so we drove by. My kids loved it because of the amenities. Some people say nice supermarkets = nice area. Who knows

Old 01-05-2022, 02:10 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
You definitely need to look at NW G'boro, Summerfield and Oak Ridge. Much closer to the amenities you desire than the other areas mentioned in your first post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point