Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 09:44 AM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelkeks View Post
I wish they would have brought in a Wegmans instead of Publix. Just my unholy opinion.
Remains to be seen if Wegmans expands from the Triangle and enters Greensboro and goes all the way to Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2023, 10:19 AM

20 posts, read 8,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Greensboro's population density is around 2300/sg. mile. Boston's is almost 14,000. Even little Providence, R.I. is over 10,000. The largest city in North Carolina, Charlotte, is only 2800. My first thought when visiting downtown Greensboro: Where is it?
And, yet.....

Old 11-27-2023, 08:22 PM

851 posts, read 416,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock Deux View Post
And, yet.....
Two months later.......

Old 11-28-2023, 08:04 AM

919 posts, read 745,725 times
I think Greensboro's compact downtown is an advantage. In any event, G'boro was a very small city when its downtown was originally developed, so of course its not large. What does it matter? Like virtually all sunbelt cities who largely developed as cities in the post WW2 years, G'boro, Charlotte, Raleigh, W-S, Durham all are small urban cores surrounded by post war suburban (i.e. automobile dependent) development. It is what it is.

Old 11-28-2023, 11:10 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times
There are a lot of benefits to having a compact downtown. Most of everything is within walking distance and that's important to people who live in the south who heavily rely on their automobiles for anything over 5 or 6 blocks.

Old 11-28-2023, 11:16 AM

50,342 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix has a quantity of three-level locations in Florida.
We have many one story Publix. Can you tell me how a 3 story one is laid out? What is likely to be on the second and thirds floors?

Old 11-29-2023, 09:58 PM

377 posts, read 204,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We have many one story Publix. Can you tell me how a 3 story one is laid out? What is likely to be on the second and thirds floors?
There is no such thing as a three story Publix. There is a two story Chick-Fil-A in Raleigh, however. One of a kind. I hope that they don't build any more of them because I didn't like it. Not one bit.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:24 AM

385 posts, read 288,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
There is no such thing as a three story Publix. There is a two story Chick-Fil-A in Raleigh, however. One of a kind. I hope that they don't build any more of them because I didn't like it. Not one bit.
A two story chick fila?!? Soo is it ordering your food on first level and all the dining room on the 2nd floor? I went to the chick fila a on battleground last night , a chain I usually don't frequent to often but wanted something different for a change. Anyway I was thinking the whole time I was in drive thru what a crazy traffic pattern layout that store had...and looked like a accident magnet... Guess it's still a better location then when they were across the st at other shopping center.

Old 11-30-2023, 07:53 AM

511 posts, read 510,494 times
The very first post on here says they believe it would be the only 3 story Publix. But the renderings look like it’s one ground level parking, one underground parking, and one high ceiling grocery store level. But I wouldn’t worry about it until there are some updates on the project.

Old 11-30-2023, 07:39 PM

377 posts, read 204,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
A two story chick fila?!? Soo is it ordering your food on first level and all the dining room on the 2nd floor? I went to the chick fila a on battleground last night , a chain I usually don't frequent to often but wanted something different for a change. Anyway I was thinking the whole time I was in drive thru what a crazy traffic pattern layout that store had...and looked like a accident magnet... Guess it's still a better location then when they were across the st at other shopping center.
I don't know because I ordered through the drive thru, which was completely nuts, because of the tight spaces. It had vac tubes like the banks use. This Chic-Fil-A building is much too large for the lot it was built on and that's my complaint. I believe that dining rooms are on both levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point