Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 09:43 PM

241 posts, read 241,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The article talks about Boom Supersonic. But Toyota and Boom Supersonic may not be all. Mayor Nancy Vaughn hints there may be another major economic announcement on the horizon for Greensboro.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/mo...3-3782456e5be8

I saws this quote from the mayor earlier. If there's another big announcement comparable to the last two, the cumulative impact of these influx of jobs could be really substantial for the region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 09:54 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,989,822 times
i want to cash out my durham home and move to gso if i have to come to work in rtp 2 days a week no big deal

others will follow

Old 01-26-2022, 12:10 PM

68 posts, read 44,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
But those two metros have been seeing the highest growth rates in the country for some time now, are constantly ranked at the top of most "Best" lists, and by far are the most recognizable NC metros nationally and internationally.

I am as optimistic and thrilled to see Toyota and possibly BOOM come to the area as everyone else, but i'm also a realist. As others have said in this forum, expectations need to be tempered.

The commercial and residential development will follow the types of industries coming to the area. If the companies coming to the area warrant for Class A office space, then you will see more mid rise and high rise office space development. If the companies demand more industrial space, then we you will more industrial building space development. Same with residential. If the jobs are more high paying white collar jobs, you will see more higher end developments in the nicest neighborhoods with the best schools. If the jobs are more blue collar, whether high paying or average paying, you're going to see more reasonably priced developments on the outskirts of cities and in suburban areas.

That's just the reality of how things work in a capitalistic economy.
Here we go again....

Old 01-26-2022, 03:25 PM

6,171 posts, read 7,265,850 times
Hopefully these big economic developments will help create even more demand for residential in the downtown area as well

Old 01-26-2022, 03:41 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,176,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjgso View Post
Here we go again....
I don’t see you adding anything enlightening to these threads, other than snarky and off the wall comments.

Find someone else’s posts to troll.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:07 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,492,718 times
Reuters: ‘Overture,’ a supersonic passenger plane by Colorado start-up Boom Supersonic hopes to half the fly time between New York and London. The company is targeting its maiden flight in 2026 https://t.co/Z7TkpYPtqu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point