Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 02:40 PM

679 posts, read 497,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
In my opinion, greensboro has more sketchy aeras then decent aeras. I dont like driving past 9 around greensboro if i can help it. I feel theres only a handful or less of places ,id feel safe past 9 at.. new garden, friendly, battleground .. but even then to get back to my house i have to take lees chapel which is iffy....im only 40 by the way, but im not blind and i def see alot more aeras that i wouldnt want my car to break down in ...heck thou even the kohls parkng lot near the cookout on battleground is turning into a teen hangout.. alot of cars with apparnetly no mufflers zooming around the parking lot ....

I guess everyone is different in respect to what they deem as good areas/bad areas/sketchy areas. There aren't any areas in Greensboro that I'm afraid of driving in/through... any time of the day or night. Yeah, there are a handful of corner stores that I wouldn't stop in late at night, but thats a smalll percentage of stores. I agree that there is too much crime, and too much gun violence/murders... and unfortunately it ramps up during the summer.

About the cars and parking lot issues... its going to continue to be a problem this summer. I was listening to the police scanner the other night, and apparently hundreds of cars were going from parking lot to parking lots across the county... hanging out... and doing whatever young kids do with their muscle/fast cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 06:05 PM

927 posts, read 755,033 times
Quote:
In my opinion, greensboro has more sketchy aeras then decent aeras.
In my opinion thats not even remotely true.

Old 06-20-2022, 06:54 PM

854 posts, read 420,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Gotta disagree. Enormous swaths of ugliness and blight with pockets of prosperity. And way too many bums and panhandlers downtown. Greensboro needs far, far more aggressive policing. We're both entitled to our own perception, and so is every other poster here.

Old 06-21-2022, 05:56 AM

927 posts, read 755,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
We're both entitled to our own perception, and so is every other poster here.
Did I say anything to the contrary? Not sure why you felt compelled to throw that in.

I'm merely offering an alternative viewpoint to those who may be seeking info and opinions on G'boro.

Old 06-21-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Did I say anything to the contrary? Not sure why you felt compelled to throw that in.

I'm merely offering an alternative viewpoint to those who may be seeking info and opinions on G'boro.
My humble apologies sir.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:28 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,906,112 times
Quote:

For the most part, he has been waaaaaaay off base this entire thread. smh

Quote:
In my opinion, greensboro has more sketchy aeras then decent aeras. ....

No. Just no.

Initially, in complete transparency, I believed that, too.

But it's more indicative of where you're focusing your gaze and where you're spending your time. East GSO, Parts of SE GSO aren't gonna be too aestethetically pleasing. But West, NW, North GSO have sooooooooo many neighborhoods that are incredible. I'd argue moreso than any Triad City, GSO has the most desirable neighborhoods. GSO is almost like a tale of two city's. You could damn near split it down the middle and if step on one side and be underwhelmed and step on the other side and be amazed at the beauty of the neighborhoods.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:49 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,059,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post

No. Just no.

But it's more indicative of where you're focusing your gaze and where you're spending your time. East GSO, Parts of SE GSO aren't gonna be too aestethetically pleasing. But West, NW, North GSO have sooooooooo many neighborhoods that are incredible. I'd argue moreso than any Triad City, GSO has the most desirable neighborhoods. GSO is almost like a tale of two city's. You could damn near split it down the middle and if step on one side and be underwhelmed and step on the other side and be amazed at the beauty of the neighborhoods.
Correct. East Greensboro is pretty bad in many places. If that's your experience of Greensboro, you're not going to think highly of it. West and North on the other hand are really nice, mostly safe (with a few pockets). Hopefully some more job developments in East Greensboro will help improve that side of town as well (while keeping up the infrastructure needs... Keeley Park's improvements are one huge win for that area).

High Point is much the same. North HP is nice. Getting to Main St and the lines start to blur until you pass Brown Truck/Sweet Ole Bill's. Past downtown and... errrr...

Old 06-23-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post

No. Just no.

The fairest and most complete appraisal regarding the safety, prosperity and aesthetics of ANY city, must be calculated in its totality and not where one happens to be focusing their "gaze". And if by your own admission at least half of Greensboro fails to make the grade, well then we're not off to a very good start. Whether you care to accept it or not, we've all got our own opinions. Oops, almost forgot...........smh

Last edited by TunedIn; 06-23-2022 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-23-2022, 09:51 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,059,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
The fairest and most complete appraisal regarding the safety, prosperity and aesthetics of ANY city, must be calculated in its totality and not where one happens to be focusing their "gaze". And if by your own admission at least half of Greensboro fails to make the grade, well then we're not off to a very good start. Whether you care to accept it or not, we've all got our own opinions. Oops, almost forgot...........smh
There's a difference in recognizing that there are large portions of the city that need help versus painting the entire city as blight and crime as you paint it.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
There's a difference in recognizing that there are large portions of the city that need help versus painting the entire city as blight and crime as you paint it.
Of course not the entire city. Reference my quote substantiating this attribution and I'll own up to it. At any rate, I think we've finally found agreement with your assessment of "large portions". It's good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point