Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 06:19 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,916,955 times

Advertisements

… any random thought you get while out and about in the Triad or anywhere for that matter — that's Triad specific, but not necessarily "worthy" its own thread — post it in this thread.

I started this thread in the Triangle sub forum because I spent so much time there for business and personal matters, and it turned into — by far — the most popular thread in the history of all city data forums dedicated to North Carolina.

Now, I don’t expect big numbers in here because the Triangle — and subsequently its posters that frequent citydata — is its own animal. But maybe we can get a few “Triad Random Thoughters” to keep this thread going … I’ll start.

====================

For the first time everrrrrr, I experienced a major delay in the morning coming into downtown via Freeman Mill and I was shocked. I’ve always been pleasantly surprised and grateful how easy easy it is to navigate traffic here compared to the Big Two (Raleigh, Charlotte). And lo and behold, the traffic holdup was due to a wreck and not heavy traffic. Also, wrecks are very uncommon, which is also very refreshing. I usually always ran into traffic delays from wrecks in Raleigh and Charlotte…

Ok… y’all have at it …. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 09:09 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,068,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
… any random thought you get while out and about in the Triad or anywhere for that matter — that's Triad specific, but not necessarily "worthy" its own thread — post it in this thread.

I started this thread in the Triangle sub forum because I spent so much time there for business and personal matters, and it turned into — by far — the most popular thread in the history of all city data forums dedicated to North Carolina.

Now, I don’t expect big numbers in here because the Triangle — and subsequently its posters that frequent citydata — is its own animal. But maybe we can get a few “Triad Random Thoughters” to keep this thread going … I’ll start.

====================

For the first time everrrrrr, I experienced a major delay in the morning coming into downtown via Freeman Mill and I was shocked. I’ve always been pleasantly surprised and grateful how easy easy it is to navigate traffic here compared to the Big Two (Raleigh, Charlotte). And lo and behold, the traffic holdup was due to a wreck and not heavy traffic. Also, wrecks are very uncommon, which is also very refreshing. I usually always ran into traffic delays from wrecks in Raleigh and Charlotte…

Coming from the VB area and before that, the DC area.... it made me laugh a few days ago when we hit a slowdown on 52 coming home from VA realizing that the fact that it took 4 minutes to go 2 miles would probably be what many around here consider a traffic jam.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:57 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,388,304 times
Quote:

====================

I often stay the weekend at my girlfriend's house in Colfax, and I drive back home, early Monday morning, around 6am. At first I was surprised because there's a lot of traffic going north on US 29 for that time of the day; however, the traffic isn't backed up, and we can all drive at highway speed. I assume it must be people driving to work in the Eden or Reidsville areas.

Last edited by Aspe4; 11-17-2022 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: added some info

Old 11-17-2022, 02:12 PM

692 posts, read 504,267 times
90% of the time when you see some driver doing something stupid on the road, they have a UNC sticker on the back of their vehicle.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:41 AM

Good points HRVT and ASPE4
People here who haven’t spent much time outside of the city have no idea what a real traffic jam looks like.

… got couple additional randoms today , and they might have been addressed in the development thread but …

The Lawndale (Target/HT anchor strip) Dollar Tree is gone. Is it moving?

Also I noticed demolition is starting on Smith Homes. Is the entire complex being razed now? Where are the residents going? What is going to be built on the site?

Old 11-18-2022, 05:29 PM

513 posts, read 513,872 times
Quote:
Good points HRVT and ASPE4
People here who haven’t spent much time outside of the city have no idea what a real traffic jam looks like.

… got couple additional randoms today , and they might have been addressed in the development thread but …

The Lawndale (Target/HT anchor strip) Dollar Tree is gone. Is it moving?

Also I noticed demolition is starting on Smith Homes. Is the entire complex being razed now? Where are the residentsq going? What is going to be built on the site?
They are rebuilding Smith Homes one section at a time. They rehomed everyone, from what I understand. Not sure where and not sure when people can move back in.

Old 11-18-2022, 11:30 PM

382 posts, read 211,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
90% of the time when you see some driver doing something stupid on the road, they have a UNC sticker on the back of their vehicle.
Yes, ata boy Clarence. Every time that you see a UNC sticker on a car doing something stupid, an angel gets it wings.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:10 AM

GSO has some of the cleanest running public city transportation buses I’ve seen in terms of exhaust fumes and engine noise. I know some are hybrid but I think even the ones that aren’t hybrid are like this. Kudos to the city for that.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:20 PM

4,591 posts, read 3,422,054 times
I work in furniture in Hickory NC. Had an item pop up on my furniture news feed that Lane Furniture abruptly ceased operations today at 11Am.. Article said they had a decent WS corporate presence.

Old 11-23-2022, 05:22 PM

692 posts, read 504,267 times
I wonder where I can find some great potato salad in greensboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point