Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2023, 08:57 AM

20 posts, read 8,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Went to the Festival for the first time last year. I enjoyed it immensely. They do have a app, so I downloaded it before I went and I scoped out the locations of the food trucks and performing locations in advance. That helped out a lot. We parked across from the stadium in the surface lot in front of the Parking Garage.

As far as downtown restaurants. The Undercurrent is outstanding. There is a relatively new place called Neighbor's behind Joymongers that I want to check out.
Did you go see George Clinton? I did. I got my funk on and scared my young neighbors. It was so great I had to lie on the heating pad the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2023, 09:06 AM

6,168 posts, read 7,258,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock Deux View Post
Did you go see George Clinton? I did. I got my funk on and scared my young neighbors. It was so great I had to lie on the heating pad the next day.
I did. I was actually at the base of the stage and lets just say I lost half of my hearing for about two days!

Old 08-21-2023, 08:14 AM

698 posts, read 507,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock Deux View Post
No, I went on Friday evening/night. Hopefully weather will be better this year.

Old 08-21-2023, 09:43 AM

21 posts, read 16,361 times
Default Folk Festival 2023

RE: Parking. If anything, Greensboro has an over abundance of downtown parking, although a recent survey indicated that its signage needs improvement to help you locate it.

Go to Google Maps and plug in Greensboro Downtown Parking, and you will be offered many options. The official address for the festival is 200 N Davie St, Greensboro, NC, United States, 27401, which is Center City Park, bounded on the south by West Friendly Avenue, and on the west by Elm Street (the Main Street in downtown GSO).

P.S. Funny, the festival website only shows the 200 N Davie Street address, not the stage locations.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...al-2023-a.html

Old 08-21-2023, 10:13 AM

6,168 posts, read 7,258,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
No, I went on Friday evening/night. Hopefully weather will be better this year.
Yeah there were periods of heavy rain last year. The first time it had every rained during the Folk Festival. There was a brief drizzle the first year the National Folk Festival was held downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point