Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,670 times

Advertisements

I am relocating from Buffalo, NY to NC for a traveling therapy position. I was interested in living at the City View apartments in Greensboro and wanted to converse with someone who may know the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM

147 posts, read 545,816 times
Hello, I have a friend from Buffalo who lives here now and who can talk to you if you like. I can let you know about Greensboro as well. Are you in PT, OT, Nursing or Speech?

Lou

Old 08-22-2008, 11:13 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
Hi Buffalo80! I actually live at CityView Apartments. CityView is located in the southeast quadrant of downtown in a neighborhood called Southside. Southside is a very good area and even includes an upscale wine/cafe restaurant called The Press. Thursdays and weekends are live jazz nights there. Over the past several years Southside has received several national awards and is now considered a template for infill development across the southeast.

Restaurants, bars and nightclubs are a very short walk away from City View Apartments so its definately a very urban location. I do love the apartment amenities such as the clubhouse which has 3 big screen tvs on the wall, pool table, cardio room, business and Playstation/Wii room. There is a rooftop deck ontop of the clubhouse over looking the pool. There is a 3rd phase to CityView Apartments which will include retail, a restaurant with outdoor seating and maybe a small grocery store.

I've been here since the first phase of the complex opened back in December of last year and I can tell you that I love it. Every Friday there is a social in the clubhouse for all the CityView residents with free food, beer and wine available. The city is currently negotiating with the railroad company to purchase a big rail yard next to CityView Apartments and the city wants to convert it to a park for Southside and downtown residents. The renderings that I've seen showed a large pond there. I do know that its like pulling teeth to get the railroad company to sell their property even if its not being utilized.

In case you havent been down here to see the apartments yet, here are some few pictures.

some images of my place

These are various images of the Southside neighborhood

Last edited by autumngal; 08-24-2008 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: copyright issues- read the terms of service please, ty

Old 08-22-2008, 02:29 PM

33 posts, read 118,129 times
Hehehehe...

I knew it was only a matter of time before he posted a boat-load of photos. I was waiting for it!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:58 AM

10 posts, read 35,729 times
My husband lived there for 3 months while we waited to sell our home in GA and the whole fam could move. He loved it. The apartments are beautiful, and the area is very nice. One thing to keep in mind: the train in downtown is DIRECTLY behind the apartments, so you will have to get used to hearing it pass about every hour or two. It was bothersome the first week or so to him, but after a while you just get used to it and at times it kinda gets nice. Makes you feel like you're in the city for sure! My children and I would come stay with him at times and never felt unsafe, and this is in the HEART of the downtown area. Let me say I never would have felt that way in the same apartment in the HEART of downtown Atlanta!
Hope this helps!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:56 AM

Yea there is the issue with the trains. However I guess it depends on which building or unit that you are in. I live in the studio apartment where the bedroom is on the opposite end of the apartment away from the train station. I close my doors at night and the train doesnt bother me at all. The newest buildings that are under construction are the furtherest aways from the tracks so noise may not be an issue with you.

"Hehehehe...

I knew it was only a matter of time before he posted a boat-load of photos. I was waiting for it!"

LOL!! Well I just cant help myself, I love downtown

Old 08-23-2008, 06:34 PM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
I'd much rather have trains and airplanes than a highway next to my bedroom any day! Trains are nostalgic, and with airplanes I always think, "well, there goes 200 hundred stories right on by, everyone is going somewhere, thinking something." But with a highway? I just think of stinky cars and backaching commutes. So Trains! Planes! And more Trains and Planes!

Old 08-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Id rather have the trains go by too. But the trains really arent that bad though.

I know when I first saw the model units, I noticed that it was pure coincidence that one of the models had the same living room tables that I had purchased in Lexington about a month before I moved in. The only thing is that I purchased the additional matching sofa table/wine rack which the model unit didnt have.

my apartment

Last edited by autumngal; 08-24-2008 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: copyright issues read the terms of service please

Old 08-26-2008, 02:36 PM

46 posts, read 171,420 times
wow. I have two dogs and a cat and there's no way I could live there, but reading this thread certainly makes me want to. Maybe in my next life!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,365 times
Being cost conscience what are the rents on these dwelling? are they rentals/condos? If not to personal please share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point