Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2007, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 14,862 times

Advertisements

I recently relocated from Southern California to Winston Salem. While in California, I became spoiled to great hair stylists and estheticians. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME? My hair has started to fall out with several stylists using the Design hair products. There has to be some good stylists. I am not interested in hair weaves or short hair cuts. HELP!!! Before I go bald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 AM

34 posts, read 158,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali4nia View Post
I recently relocated from Southern California to Winston Salem. While in California, I became spoiled to great hair stylists and estheticians. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME? My hair has started to fall out with several stylists using the Design hair products. There has to be some good stylists. I am not interested in hair weaves or short hair cuts. HELP!!! Before I go bald.
Hello: you may want to seach salonsofamerica.com and google words like black hair care. Essence mag always list hair care prof, go on line re essence too. Good luck.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 14,702 times
Did u find a hair stylist? I just moved here from Atlanta Ga and I had a great hairstylist and my eyebrows were always very nice. I have been here now 6 months and still have not yet found anyone. I live in the High Point/Jamestown area.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:42 PM

478 posts, read 2,298,821 times
There are three HBCUs in the area: Winston-Salem State University in W-S, as well as Bennett College and NC A&T University in Greensboro. I would highly recommend that you go onto the campuses and ask around.

The bonus to this method is that you can often find people who will do pricey hairstyles (like braids) for really cheap prices! And as to quality ... just ask the sisters with the best-looking hair. They'll never let you down.

Good luck!

Old 03-10-2007, 07:42 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,724,892 times
Well if you don’t mind the drive to Charlotte, you might want to check out this person. Found this story CharlotteVibe…

California’s Premier Stylist/Master Colorist Relocates to Charlotte

New to the Charlotte area is California’s Premier Stylist & Master Colorist, Dana Purdom. Dana Purdom hails from Los Angeles [California], also known as the City of Angels, where all dreams of super-stardom come true. Dana is the owner of Epiphany Hair Studio ~ “A Manifestation of Beauty”. Epiphany Hair Studio is an Upscale Salon committed to providing supreme services and quality products that build relationships which enhance our clients’ health, self-esteem, physical appearance and mental relaxation. We strive to provide an environment rich in INTEGRITY, conducting ourselves in an honest & trustworthy manner, DIVERSITY, valuing the cultures of the community we serve and STEWARDSHIP, being responsible for our actions and accountable to the public. Dana has worked in the beauty industry for over 10 years. She has trained under some of the top leaders in the industry such as Toni & Guy, Creative Hair Salon, and YUKO System just to name a few. She brings a wealth of knowledge to the Charlotte area that she hopes to share with each of you. Dana specializes in Precision Cuts, Color, Hi/Lo Lights, Perms, Relaxers, Artistic Updo’s, Japanese Permanent Hair Straightening, Ionic Thermal Reconditioning, Eyelash Extensions, Make-Up Application, Waxing, Facials and more… For Appointments, Contact: Epiphany Hair Studio Dana Purdom, Owner/Stylist/Master Colorist Phone: 704.962.8124 Web: www.myspace.com/epiphanyhairstudio Salon Hours: Mon. – Fri . 9am – 7pm, Sat. 8am – 3pm, Sun. – by appt. only

Link to story:
http://www.charlottevibe.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=editorial.detail&id=913 (broken link)

Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM

22 posts, read 140,875 times
You might want to check out Dudley's Beauty School in Kernersville - they have a beauty school = offer black hair care products and is ran by a prominent blk. family. Very good place if you want hair care products and they get a chance to learn as well..... need anymore information feel free to email me....

Old 01-15-2008, 09:35 PM

3 posts, read 24,867 times
Default Look No More!

I understand how difficult it is to find a good and reliable stylist, I'm sure I can forfill all of your beauty needs if they are not yet forfilled, to your complete satisfaction. Visit Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point