U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,227 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving from Charlotte to Greensboro I wanted to know which commuity has more indians. Are they scattered in in highpoint or Greensboro .
Also I saw the photos of the apartment City View at southside, just wanted to know if there are any indians in that apartment and how is that place with regards to saftey. Can any one please please let me know the details to my email jagbas75@yahoo.com so that i can in the future help if some one asks the same to me.

Thanks

Bhaskar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM

21 posts, read 60,270 times
There aren't really large ethnic populations in Greensboro, besides the Vietnamese and Mexicans. And I can't really point to parts of the city where people of those ethnicities live. Maybe Downtown?

Old 10-26-2008, 06:45 PM

3,491 posts, read 7,933,012 times
Greensboro is diverse but you probabally wont find to many areas where there are a cluster of ethinic groups with exception to African-Americans. But it is true that the downtown area has more of a mix of people. But then again it depends on whether or not you are an "urban" or "suburban" type person. The crime level is low downtown despite the perception of downtowns not being safe. Outside downtown, the crime is probabally lower in northwest Greensboro but now days crime happens everywhere. I live at CityView downtown because its a unique apartment complex. Its not your typical suburban style apartment and alot of restaurants and entertainment is within walking distance. There seems to be a variety of ethnic restaurants opening up downtown though.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:53 AM

415 posts, read 1,095,965 times
their right greensboro is a bit ethnicly diversified but i dont live there anymore i used to live in west side High Point and it was diversified i had a bunch of latino friends ( btw they dont like to be classified as just Mexicans so call em Latino) then asain friends and a good amont of people from the middle east but just as advice if you dont like to be paronoid by people speaking different languages around you all the time such as the latino group ( psst.. stay away from Winston Salem) lol but i still love it but i cant really help ya with the aparment part just thought id give you some heads ups!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:21 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,775,748 times
I just moved up here from Charlotte last year and the Ethnic populatiion is substantially non-existent comapred to the QC . How ever I always seem to hear about local events. In fact earlier this month there was a latino dance festival. in reagrds to safety, there is no comparison to Charlotte. The crime is rare compared to what we were used into Charlotte and the people here will help you if you are lost.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,789,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
I just moved up here from Charlotte last year and the Ethnic populatiion is substantially non-existent comapred to the QC . How ever I always seem to hear about local events. In fact earlier this month there was a latino dance festival. in reagrds to safety, there is no comparison to Charlotte. The crime is rare compared to what we were used into Charlotte and the people here will help you if you are lost.
You can't really compare the crime in Charlotte to Greensboro since Greensboro is about 1/3 the size of Charlotte. I LOVE the Traid...but Charlotte is a GREAT place to live too.

University City in Charlotte is quite Ethnic...can't think of an area in Greensboro that is similar though.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 PM

6 posts, read 15,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Greensboro is diverse but you probabally wont find to many areas where there are a cluster of ethinic groups with exception to African-Americans. But it is true that the downtown area has more of a mix of people. But then again it depends on whether or not you are an "urban" or "suburban" type person. The crime level is low downtown despite the perception of downtowns not being safe. Outside downtown, the crime is probabally lower in northwest Greensboro but now days crime happens everywhere. I live at CityView downtown because its a unique apartment complex. Its not your typical suburban style apartment and alot of restaurants and entertainment is within walking distance. There seems to be a variety of ethnic restaurants opening up downtown though.
Do you know of any safe nice mobile home parks in Greensboro or on the out skirts. That are a little diverse & well kept . Looking to move from pa to greensboro in spring

Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,051,811 times
I'm from a long line of Native Americans but it's just that....long time ago. My great grandfather was the last pure blood.

Don't think I've ever met pure bloods except on reservations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point