Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 PM

7 posts, read 17,196 times

Advertisements

Greensboro gets my personal preference. However, High Point is not a bad place to live. If you have been swayed off it as a result of negative responses, just know the Triad has lots of options. Summerfield, Oak Ridge and of course Greensboro are beautiful places to live. Speak to your real estate agent for insight into neighborhoods and activities. The best way to learn about a city is to visit it with a person who lives in that very area.

Good luck!

Lisa

Last edited by mm34b; 03-31-2009 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Edited to comply with Terms of Service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 08:42 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,506,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewman67 View Post
I live in S.C. and am considering moving to High Point(maybe not after reading some posts)..but does anyone know anything about the neighborhood Emerywood Estates? In particualr Shadow Valley Road? I saw a home there and was wondering what kind of neighborhood it is? I will appreciate any feedback!
Established neighborhood with some beautiful homes and lots of big old growth trees. Westover (other end of Shadow Valley) had a residential construction bomb dropped there.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,453 times
Does anyone know what the name of my neighborhood is? I live on Manor dr. The neighborhood is shaped like a butterfly and the neighborhood to the left is called Eastwood park. The one to the right sandwiched between Manor and Scientific that has Edgeview, Longview and Newview roads in it doesn't seem to be called anything. A house for sale on upper Manor near Greensboro rd. listed the neighborhood as "A. Fred Crisp property" but that doesn't seem like a neighborhood name. Any info? Thanks, Leah

Old 05-24-2009, 07:37 PM

209 posts, read 678,458 times
I'd say crime is a relative non-issue so long as you stay out of the hood. I've lived here most of my life and have never really felt scared or intimidated unless I was venturing towards an unsavory part of town - and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize when you're approaching them.

The biggest negative about living in HP is the general lack of stuff to do. I'd recommend living closer to G-Boro (i.e. near the Paladium), but you could do worse than live within the city limits.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,331 times
sorry... plague ... shed any light Cohaggen?

Old 05-25-2009, 08:24 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,506,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekygrl29 View Post
sorry... plague ... shed any light Cohaggen?
Only if he uses a whitener.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 AM

200 posts, read 804,223 times
YES. lol. my choice if I ever return to the triad would be Alamance County.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,723 times
Actually high point isn't bad at all it's filled with happiness not depressing and in downtown you should go there when it's the market season, and high point can't have that expensive stuff because of the economy. And the mall is soon to belong to HPU!!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 PM

24 posts, read 48,003 times
I have lived in High Point (off Skeet Club between Johnson and Old Mill) since December and I think it is just fine, other than the F3 tornado that tore through last Sunday. I have lived in many places in the last 42 years, and I can tell you that High Point may not be the best, but it is no where near the worst.

Also, anyone who thinks there is a "hood" in High Point has never seen a real "hood" before. Try 5th Ward in Houston, or any real "hood" in any real city. Then you will know what a "hood" really is. Every town has a poor, crime ridden area. What matters is that you are aware of where it is, and take proper precautions if you ever venture into that area.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:49 PM

84 posts, read 216,153 times
I don't think it's that bad. Of course there are the bad spots, and I think Greensboro is better, but High Point isn't as bad as some places I've been. It's definitely better then Sumter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point