Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:06 PM

109 posts, read 389,251 times

Advertisements

Curlygc, i grew up in Asheboro and I think you will be bored too death there. If you enjoy a social lifestyle about the best you will get there is Church on Sunday. If you want more of a variety i would check out downtown Greensboro. It is a 30 minute drive to Asheboro from there and I think you would be happier there. If you are intent on moving to Asheboro, my mom is a realtor there and she can help you or refer you to a realtor who knows the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 01:21 PM

57 posts, read 265,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm&McGee View Post
Curlygc, i grew up in Asheboro and I think you will be bored too death there. If you enjoy a social lifestyle about the best you will get there is Church on Sunday. If you want more of a variety i would check out downtown Greensboro. It is a 30 minute drive to Asheboro from there and I think you would be happier there. If you are intent on moving to Asheboro, my mom is a realtor there and she can help you or refer you to a realtor who knows the area.
Hi Elm&McGee:

You're likely right about that. But downtown Greensboro is a bit pricey, and I have a dog. I can't afford doggie daycare or a dog walker (either of those options run about $15 a day on the cheap end) nor can I leave him alone without a potty break for 10 hours at a time while I'm at work. I'll have a chance to check out the town after I start work, then I'll decide what to do. But I think I'm going to end up living there.

curly

Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 AM

57 posts, read 198,148 times
You will have to weigh the pros and cons. People who grew up in Asheboro always went to Greensboro to shop, go to nice restaurants, and go to clubs, etc.; however, your living expenses will be more affordable in Asheboro. So you need to decide what is more important to you.

You could also consider splitting the difference and living in between Asheboro and Greensboro so that you are as close to work as you are to Greensboro, and you can possibly find an affordable rental although your options will be fewer in these smaller areas. There again you need to decide if you would mind living in a somewhat rural or suburban area vs. a city.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygc View Post
So, for the past few days I've been looking on the web for a house for rent in Asheboro, and I can't find a damned thing. I see literally *hundreds* of homes for sale, that in this economy have probably been sitting on the market for months and months. I have emailed several realtors and have gotten no response. Nothing on craigslist. What is going on? Wouldn't you think people trying to sell their homes with no luck at all would be climbing over themselves to rent to a professional relocating to town? Whatever pays the mortgage, right? I just don't understand why it's so hard to find a place to live there! No vacant apartments, no vacant houses? Really?

curly
You would find more listings in the Courier Tribune, I think. I see signs as I walk my doggy. Places are definitely available. Next door to me is Maisons on Park and there is an empty condo. Maybe call realtors? In this neighborhood (near downtown) you could definitely find something. The house next door to us was for sale forever and they've finally rented it now. Just come over and drive around.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,374 times
Asheboro certainly is not booming in any area of it's lifestyle. Had some photo work done there by a studio on Sunset......nice husband and wife business. A few nice apartments. The commute is about 30-45 minutes. I'd think if you don't have a lot of late night commitments on the job...your best bet would be to commute. At least this way you don't get into the office soaps and they don't get to deep into your personal business...which does not mix in small towns..Asheboro is a SMALL town. Enjoy your new job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point