Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:08 PM

129 posts, read 339,141 times

Advertisements

(If I could edit the subject for spelling, I would)

I use TWC for internet only. I canceled my TV a few months ago. I have been hearing that TWC is capping bandwith as well.

Instead of paying the cable bill, i use other services like Hulu and Netflix. I also for work offten have to down load 7+ gigs of content that we are working with.

I do not have another option then TWC because of where I live. How is this not a monopoly? I really wish I had another choice, because I am not happy at all with TWC. As a matter of fact, I'm down right pissed off.

Stop Time Warner Cable's unfair bandwidth tier system (http://digg.com/d1nmMv - broken link)

Last edited by Guy Fawkes; 04-02-2009 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: So angry lost control of grammer and puncuation. and spelling too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 06:15 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,002,563 times
Time Warner To Charge Internet Customers Based On Usage - Entertainment News Story - WXII The Triad (http://www.wxii12.com/entertainment/19075973/detail.html - broken link)

Old 04-02-2009, 09:41 PM

171 posts, read 272,395 times
[

Stop Time Warner Cable's unfair bandwidth tier system (http://digg.com/d1nmMv - broken link)[/quote]

So far you have been sticking it to them pretty good, so why are you complaining? since you use it for work, have your work pay for the overage, once you get charged. You are complaining too early. Right now, twc is the victim.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 PM

129 posts, read 339,141 times
how is twc the victim?

I guess I am complaining, but the way I see it, its a pretty big rip off.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:44 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,474 times
Thanks goodness it's not retroactive....the radio said it's for NEW customers...meaning new contracts.

I downgraded my cable to just the channels 1-16 for less than $15 a month because it was crazy to pay $50 for those channels plus 3 others (Fox news, History, Nick) that we watch.
So we got rid of the expense and turned to Hulu like the other poster.

But to think those who run a phone and watch tv thru the internet TWC has now figured out a way to get their dollar out of it so it won't be free.

I really hate TWC.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:20 AM

254 posts, read 925,292 times
TWC is no victim. Like the other cable companies, they failed to prepare for a future that was obvious to everyone by 1998. As a result, they are becoming reactionary and punishing customers for their poor business model. Cable companies spent a ton beginning in the 90s replacing older infrastructure with a cable system that was already functionally obsolete when they began.
If their networks cannot currently handle an average monthly demand of at least 100GB per customer, then their network is not ready for the future. It is not the fault of the customers for choosing their service over other options.
I use internet to watch movies and TV. Since 2007, I've had no need to resort to illegal downloading. I currently download more than 240GB per month.
I'm sure I'll be screwed by this if I ever need to establish service at another address. Hopefully, they'll just let me transfer service rather than open a new account.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:36 AM

273 posts, read 950,199 times
I agree that TWC is no victim. In many other countries, you can get 10-20mbps download speeds for a lot less than what TWC is charging for their top tier. I think its a shame that they are going to either ripoff their customers or make them turn elsewhere for internet. If they had spent the money on upgrading their infrastructure with fiber optics years ago, it would have been a wise move. Now as stated, they are paying for being overwhelmed and underprepared. Verizon and At&t saw the light and can now offer true HD tv, internet and phone over fiber without seeing a bottleneck. If they ever make this retroactive for me, I will take the hit on download speeds and promptly switch my service, they don't need more money from me.

And now is the time to complain, perhaps they will listen and stop the implementation of this or at least get the word out about it to let others boycott TWC.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times
TWC is doing this to discourage people from using their Internet services to watch TV shows. TWC is hoping it will force customers to pay more for useless TV channels, so they won't lose any money.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM

254 posts, read 925,292 times
It's like if you were an employee with some company and had been stealing from petty cash for years and finally your bosses decided that they'd had enough because your performance no longer made up for the amount of money that you stole. So, you heard from a co-worker that if you failed to clean up your act, you'd be fired. Except, instead of deciding to work harder and stop stealing, you decide that your best course of action is to steal even more because you'll be out of a job soon.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,513 times
Cohaagen that is the worst example ever.

send the petition emails to:
realideas@twcable.com

then petition your local government

Key article illustrating how TWC the "Dictator" is lying to you!
Time Warner Cable Earnings Refute Bandwidth Cap Economics | Epicenter from Wired.com (http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/04/time-warner-cab.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: