Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 08:00 PM

7 posts, read 18,813 times

Advertisements

Hello! everyone, I need some advice please, I`m living in Ct and planning to move soon, I was thinking on Clayton, well, I`m a school bus driver, but the way the bus company works at Clayton, it`s not good for me, so I started to do some research in Chapell Hill, greensboro, and I found that First Student (bus company) is located in greensboro, I have 6 years working for them here, so it will be easy to get a transfer, the problem is that I found that almost all the schools at Guilford county, are not really good at all, and thats my priority, cause I have 2 kids, and I want a good education for them, well what I need to know is which county has the best schools, I readed in the post that the north is better than the south, but I don`t know what county is in the south and what`s in the north, I`m so confused with that, which counties should I check to get the safest place, and good schools, I found that Guilford county has a lot of houses for sale, extremely cheaps, thats weird, I got the feeling that there is something wrong with that county, can you please explain me whats going on here, I am so afraid with this moving, but I want to move, Ct drive me crazy, and if someone know what schools bus companies serve the north, let me know please, thank you very much. Your help will be very apreciated.

Yanecita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
you should post this topic in the Greensboro forum to get the most feedback.

here is the link in case you missed it:
//www.city-data.com/forum/green...em-high-point/

Moderator Note: Done!

Last edited by RaleighRob; 02-15-2007 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: thread moved

Old 02-15-2007, 09:26 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Greensboro is a great place to live. As with all cities, there are good and bad areas. The best schools in Greensboro are in the northwest part of the city.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 PM

26 posts, read 94,237 times
Default Rockingham County for the Best schools

I didn't know there were bus companies for the schools...most of the folks around here, work at the school system and drive a bus. I've heard some of the folks say if you work in the school cafeteria you have to drive a bus for the school as well. I don't know if that's true...I just know my granddaughter
calls Jeff the bus driver to let him know if she needs him to come by or not
Houses range from probably under 40K to maybe more than a million depending where you look.
In my opinion there is no comparison to the schools in Rockingham County

Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 PM

3 posts, read 24,908 times
I am 33 years old originally from NY and justed moved here from another little town within NC with my family, courtesy of the military.I have four children ranging from age 17, 13, 10, and 2. I live in Southeast Guilford county right outside the city limits (2 miles), So I get the best of both worlds, no city taxes! Education was extremely important to me as well so I did my research. My kids attend South Middle school, Southeast Highschool, and Alamance Elementary (all excellent schools multi-racial opposed to all black like most of the schools). The housing market here is cheap and I found it's that way because a major reconstruction took place a few years ago, eliminating alot of the project housing developments. Greensboro is quickly becoming a hotspot, so don't be alarmed by the cheap house prices. I almost moved to Charlotte, but got way more! house for my money here. I saved about 60,000 on a 3400 sq ft 5 bedroom 4 bathroom hm in an excellent subdivision (Courtesy Khovanian Homes) The schools in the Southeast are excellent as well. Hopefully this will help you a little. I also know a great Hair Salon. Hair of Essence. VISIT www.hairofessence.com. ask for Gidget. Good luck in your endeavors!

Old 03-31-2007, 07:30 PM

823 posts, read 3,923,939 times
Jalex,
Thanks for the information. Why would the elimination of project housing lower the housing costs? Are you referring to public housing projects? Has Greensboro moved to all Section 8 housing?

Thanks,
Alice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point