Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:22 AM

4 posts, read 16,074 times

Advertisements

We also moved from a small town in Ohio to Greensboro for a university job. I completely understand how cool a small town with older homes and a quaint downtown can be, and this kind of neighborhood can be hard to find in Greensboro without spending a lot of money. However, we did find a great neighborhood with older homes, an awesome neighborhood park lots and lots of young children, and cool neighbors (diverse interests and backgrounds--community oriented), all in a great school district (Lindley Elementary, Kiser Middle, Grimsley High). Even better, the prices haven't escalated like they have in the neighboring Lindley Park area. The neighborhood is called Highland Park (it's a little area--few people will even know where it is), right across Holden Ave. from Lindley Park (the Lindley Rec Center, the arboretum, and a great little collection of restaurants/bars at the corner of Walker and Elam are less than a mile/mile and a half walk. Also, UNCG is close) We love it here! **Check for houses on Princeton Ave., Harvard Ave. (there's a cool house for sale right now--$159,000), maybe Lehigh. IMO, these are the nicest streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM

16 posts, read 42,732 times
Talking im moving from cleveland to greensboro

hello.. i posted that im moving from cleveland well avon lake actually to greensboro today its nice to see there is a ton of ohio there haha i wont get dirty looks for cavs gear or browns stuff.... i found so far if your going to live in the city limits of greensboro live on the east side the schools are better and the crime is lower you can go to www.ncreportcards.com for schools.... but ive really found that burbs like lewisville, clemmons, kernersville, or walnut cove all are 20 mins from greensboro or winston salem and have good schools low crime and affordable housing inside the city of either ws or grboro is really better for kids in charter schools or people without kids ..... me, my wife, and our 18 month old...will be moving down november of this year... see ya there.... if you have more questions or suggestion since were in the same boat email me v8aarons@yahoo.com thanks... oh and my cousin lives in greensboro and from ohio he says never gets bellow 25 and doesnt accumulate snow and usually sunny .... kiss the 5 months of clouds... 4 feet of snow ... and negative 6 with a windshield of negative 300,000,000 goodbye

Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 PM

11 posts, read 36,503 times
Never below 25 and doesn't accumulate snow?? Sorry your cousin is wrong. Greensboro is fairly mild but temps below 25 are not uncommon at all. And yes it does snow and accumulate here as well but usually not a lot. Greensboro is not Cleveland but its certainly not Miami either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point