Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:40 PM

28 posts, read 125,126 times

Advertisements

The mall area is not so good I have heard of a couple shootings in that mall area recently. Be careful where you pick to live. The Greensboro area in general is not bad but can have a lot of traffic through it. I would opt for Kernersville or Walkertown if you don't mind the commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 10:13 AM

27 posts, read 133,497 times
Default Four Seasons Mall area

The shooting that occurred at the Four Seasons mall last November had nothing to do with the "mall area" per se. The shooter (who was apprehended) and the victim were both from Rockingham county! The mall has good security and I feel safe shopping there. Now the recent shootings of teenagers in east GSO, that's another story and probably gang related.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 AM

5 posts, read 17,655 times
Driving through looks like a nice quiet neighborhood, but be careful, crime have increased, especially in that area!

Old 07-14-2007, 09:15 AM

38 posts, read 130,125 times
I would not choose to live near 4 Seasons Mall. It is not a good area.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:40 PM

5 posts, read 14,644 times
I live not that far from the mall, in one of the areas described as bad (right by Florida). It's really quite all right.

I worked at the mall a few months ago, and I never felt threatened. I'd advise against hanging around in the south parking lot after closing time, but I have no idea why anyone would be doing that in the first place.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,389 times
I live in rolling roads. Not a peep of crime over in this neighborhood. They once had a crime chart and this neighborhood was rated as low as any in greensboro. Many of us here has been here for 20 years.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:41 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
just last night there was a robbery and then a chase followed by a shooting that started right at that mall...

Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
yup the suspect was killed by an officer after he crashed into the median. I almost witnessed the shooting between the police and suspect. Police car were going everywhere and I drove pass the scene just minutes after it happened. They hadnt even shut the highway down yet. I dont shop at Four Seasons any more. Too much crime there and its getting like the old Carolina Circle Mall. I go to Friendly Center or West Wendover now to shop.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
I lived on Emerald Drive for several years, a police officer lived across the street and my back yard abutted a....(it seems that Greensboro has a knack for turning all of it's drainage areas into parks, thankfully they are well thought out and really do get water away from shops and houses).... park,... didn't have trouble at all, nice, quiet place to live.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:09 PM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
Hey I lived in Glenwood for 10 years and still own 3 homes there and it's not as bad as everyone thinks. Lee street is the sketchy corridor, and Silver and Dillard kinda suck, but if you want a nice older home that's affordable, and near UNCG, and don't want to pay College Hill or College Park or WEsterwood prices, Glenwood is the place. They are adopting a conservation overlay plan, the neighborhood association is active, and they have made many changes with more to come. In a few years, it will be THE place to live. So buy there now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point