Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2007, 03:24 PM

930 posts, read 717,803 times

Advertisements

My husband, 2 girls(3&7) and I were supposed to move in the summer of '08 and now my husbands company wants him to relocate in July. We've never been to NC and are very excited to come, but now my research has been cut short. My husband will be working in Greensboro, but wouldn't mind a 30 or so minute commute. We would like to live ouside the city, but someplace were our kids can remain acive in the community. I've heard alot of good things about Kernersville and Pleasant Garden. Great schools are our top priority. Does anyone live in these areas and if so which are the best schools? We would look for a house based on the school district. Which area should we choose? The things we would like to continue doing are going to local theaters, parks, festivals, dance and Karate classes, and mommy and me classes. A little bit of everything. Though we don't mind taking day trips to more larger attractions. Someone please offer great advice quick. Anyone live in those 2 areas or know of a better one with excellent schools? HELP!!!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 04:42 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
I've lived in Pleasant Garden and loved it. Such a pretty little town. The elementary school is fine, but not the middle or high schools.

The best areas are in northwest Greensboro. Check zip codes 27455, 27410, 27407 and 27408. That's where the best schools are.

Outside of Greensboro, check out Oak Ridge, Summerfield, and Stokesdale. Good areas and good schools.

All the best!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:56 PM

930 posts, read 717,803 times
Thanks alot. I have been looking into those areas. Anymore suggestions?

Old 05-01-2007, 02:44 PM

41 posts, read 196,238 times
Default Kernersville Elementary or Piney Grove Elementary

I would recommend the K'ville/Walkertown/Belews Creek area for you to reside in. The area around the K'ville elementary school has great communities in particular the community across the street from the fourth-of-july park. This park backs into the school and has basketball, skate and tennis courts to just name a few activities.

Both elementary schools are very good. Depending on how the school system is arranged when your kids get ready for the next level - you might need to make adjustments. The middle school Piney Grove feeds into presently would not be one I recommend, but they are looking to build another middle school.

Speaking of that, I forgot to mention Cash Elementary that just had a new middle school built behind it. Cash is on highway 66 coming out of K'ville as you are heading toward Walkertown.

Walkertown is a very laid back town presently that will be exploding in the future. New infrastructure and proposed highways are going to cause it to expand in the coming near years.

If you want family oriented areas with good schools, church activities, sports and such -- then I could not recommend better areas. They reside between WS and Greensboro allowing for higher end shopping, theater, concerts and such in those cities while living in the laid-back country....

Hope this helps...

Old 09-16-2007, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,820 times
Default Greensboro!

I grew up just ouside Greensboro in the Southeast side of the county. I'm currently a professional firefighter for Greensboro. Alamance elementary is a good elementary school. That would put you in the southeast middle and highschool district. Pleasant Garden is also another good elementary school, same high school district. Nathaniel Greens is another good elementary school with the same middle and highschool. All of these are in the southeast part of Guilford County.Are you going to be renting when you get here or buying immediatly? I ask because my brother has property in nearby Lexington (30-40 from Greensboro) and I am looking at property in Greensboro and Whitsett(15 from Greensboro) that I plan to lease to own or rent. This is my first time on here so I am unfamiliar with how the contact works on here. I will check back here later today and try to figure out things on here. I was googling something else about Greensboro when I came across this post. Hope I can be of some help for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn4261 View Post
My husband, 2 girls(3&7) and I were supposed to move in the summer of '08 and now my husbands company wants him to relocate in July. We've never been to NC and are very excited to come, but now my research has been cut short. My husband will be working in Greensboro, but wouldn't mind a 30 or so minute commute. We would like to live ouside the city, but someplace were our kids can remain acive in the community. I've heard alot of good things about Kernersville and Pleasant Garden. Great schools are our top priority. Does anyone live in these areas and if so which are the best schools? We would look for a house based on the school district. Which area should we choose? The things we would like to continue doing are going to local theaters, parks, festivals, dance and Karate classes, and mommy and me classes. A little bit of everything. Though we don't mind taking day trips to more larger attractions. Someone please offer great advice quick. Anyone live in those 2 areas or know of a better one with excellent schools? HELP!!!
Thanks

Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times
If you are trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Pleasant Garden area is probabally best. Its smaller than Kernersville. Kernersville is growing and with Winston growing eastward and Greensboro growing westward, expect alot more traffic in the Kernersville area over the next 5 to 10 years.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:11 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
If you are trying to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Pleasant Garden area is probabally best. Its smaller than Kernersville. Kernersville is growing and with Winston growing eastward and Greensboro growing westward, expect alot more traffic in the Kernersville area over the next 5 to 10 years.
Kernersville has definitely grown!
There are some good homes on the way to kville in a town called Colfax. Good elementary school, growing area, still not very city. Really nice and quiet and close to the Farmer's Market and I40.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point