Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 11:18 AM

28 posts, read 112,732 times

Advertisements

Four years ago, we moved to Forsyth County. At that time, we did not have stable jobs, no health insurance, and were expecting our first child. Because of lack of money, my wife was seen at the Downtown Health Plaza throughout her pregnancy. It was a decent facility, though we had to wait a lot, and I think the service could've been a little bit better.

Today, we just found out that our second baby is on his/her way and was wondering if you could recommend me other health care practicioners that will give us a better service. Our situation is much more different than four years ago. We have both been employed full time for several years, and thanks to my employer, we have health insurance.

Thanks for your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
Since you asked for a general family practice, rather than an obstetrician or pediatrician...

Before we moved away from W-S last year, I went to Dr. Aime Lischke at Total Family Care near Hanes Mall. I think the world of Dr. Lischke. It's a small practice and very attentive. Their scheduling is excellent. I never had to wait when I had an appointment. Being part of a larger network, it's the best of both worlds.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Default Meant Obstetrician

Sorry, I meant an obstetrician. Any advice?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 PM

By the way, I was checking online and found three clinics that, according to online reviews, will provide a great service. Has anybody been a patient in any of them? These are the three we are considering:

1-Valaoras and Lewis OB GYN Woman Care
2-Lyndhurst Gynecologic Associates
3-Hawthorne OB?GYN Associates.

I would really appreciate your advice.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
When I worked at United Way in W-S several years ago, one of the lead doctors at Lyndhurst was a very active volunteer fundraiser for United Way. We had a lot of meetings at his office. He's probably retired now. While I was not a patient there, I got a very favorable impression of the people and the overall practice.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
iou

2 posts, read 8,744 times
Hi, im new in this site...wanting to find some friends here in hickory.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:57 PM

201 posts, read 593,967 times
Hawthorne and Lyndhurst have been around for a long time. Very good choices!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:27 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,313 times
I go to Hawthorne and like most of the doctors. I also had my baby with their practice. My favorite two doctors there are Dr. Thompson (male) and Dr. Scherer (female). Dr. McCunniff delivered my baby and I also liked him. I am not sure about some of the others. You need to see all of the doctors on staff since you don't know who will be working when you go into delivery, but you can chose one as a primary. I would chose Dr. Thompson or Dr. Scherer - they both have young children which I also liked! I didn't like how crowded the office could get and I had 2 bad experiences with horrible waits. Most of the time it was fine. It seems like most of my friends went to Womancare - Welcome to WomanCare! and were VERY happy. I was just highly satisfied with Hawthorne, not in love with it, but would definitely go there again if I were to have another baby. I love Dr. Scherer and Dr. Thompson and plan on continuing my annual exams with them. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,193 times
Did you ever find a new doctor? I am considering changing to one of the same 3 you mentioned....just wondering if you had any luck.

Thanks

Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 AM

Default Valaoras and Lewis was our choice.

Hello everybody. We finally decided to go with Valaoras and Lewis. Besides the positive reviews that we read online, we finally made up our mind after a coworker told me of his wife's positive experience with Drs. Valaoras and Lewis. I have met Dr. Valaoras and he's really nice. Another plus, at least for us, is that both doctors are bilingual and fully fluent in Spanish. This helps a lot since my wife's English is somewhat limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point