Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2006, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,831 times

Advertisements

I am hoping for some info on the Greensboro area, I am another Floridian about to make the move (I promise to leave the Floridian attitude behind!)

I am a 32 yr old male and single. I have been looking throughout the Greensboro area for a new construction home. I am in the 250-300k price range. The downtown bar scene is not a necessity but I would like to be relatively near other social settings, i.e. bookstores, gyms, restaurants, some bars.

The most important thing though is a house in a nice area, a family setting, though I am single.

Any feedback? NW Greensboro looks great, though it may be out of my price range. My parents are moving to a new house in Colfax (near High Point?). Any thoughts on this area? One more thing, I did find an new area that I like in Forest Oaks, any feedback on that would be great as well (will there be more development?)

I thank you all in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2006, 04:32 PM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,394 times
Default I'm familiar with it

NW Greensboro would be in your price range and is conveniently located to shopping, restaurants, gyms, recreation, etc. Traffic moves wll in GSO, so you also wouldn't have a problem getting downton if necessary.

NW Guilford County is also an option (Oak Ridge, Summerfield), although it would be little farther out - but still close enough to the shopping, etc in NW GSO.

I'm also familiar with Colfax since I cut through it many days to get to my job in High Point from NW Guilford County. It's a rural area that is now sprouting subdivisions in some parts.

I'm not a huge fan of Forest Oaks since it is in SE Guilford County and not convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,831 times
Default Thanks Jas

I really do appreciate your input, it is a very exhausting process, but it appears it is worth it If anyone else has any input on the greater Greensboro area I would sincerely appreciate it!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,892 times
Hi, we went to Greensboro/High Point/Jamestown area. We didn't really like it as it wasn't pretty - we probably were in the bad section of Greensboro, I believe. As for High Point, it's a small hilly town, and I don't see anything that interesting to us. Jamestown is a small town, too. It was okay.

Summerfield and Oakridge were originally our first choice to move there, but until we found out that the house price range is way too high for us - BUT - it's perfect for your price range. I would move there if I were you.

You'll need to visit there more than once before making a final decision. Looking the info on the net is not going to help you 100%, believe me.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:05 PM

152 posts, read 476,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeprincess
Hi, we went to Greensboro/High Point/Jamestown area. We didn't really like it as it wasn't pretty - we probably were in the bad section of Greensboro, I believe. As for High Point, it's a small hilly town, and I don't see anything that interesting to us. Jamestown is a small town, too. It was okay.

Summerfield and Oakridge were originally our first choice to move there, but until we found out that the house price range is way too high for us - BUT - it's perfect for your price range. I would move there if I were you.

You'll need to visit there more than once before making a final decision. Looking the info on the net is not going to help you 100%, believe me.
Not 100%, but a great tool to eliminate certain areas.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:04 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
I've lived in Greensboro for the better part of 15 years and love it here. Like any city, there are good/attractive areas and bad/unattractive areas.

Northwest is good, as has already been suggested. I also really like Pleasant Garden. I would love to live there again. The Level Cross area is good if you want to live in the country. You also might want to check out Julian, Climax, Franklinville (very country), and Colfax. Just all depends on what you're looking for and what you can afford.

All the best to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point