Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 PM

11 posts, read 15,620 times

Advertisements

I have read through these forums for hours and finally decided to ask my own questions instead of hoping someone would ask them for me. I was born and raised in New York City and have finally convinced my family to move. We are looking for a rural area where we can purchase land to build on. What areas should we look into, keeping these factors in mind.

1: We do NOT want to be close to the hustle and bustle of a city, this is what we are running from, a 30+ minute comute to WS would not be a problem.

2: My and my fiance are going to be starting a family as soon as we settle in down there, so a good school system is important.

3: We are looking for a descent amount of land, 5 acres or so, so extremely high land tax areas would not be ideal. (if you guys have high property tax that is :P)

Working within a 650,000 budget for land and construction I hope you guys could help me narrow down my search. I will be heading down there in two weeks and would like to know what areas to scout out. Thank you in advance for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 04:06 AM

201 posts, read 593,967 times
Where will you be working? There are lots of possibilities

Old 04-17-2010, 05:26 PM

11 posts, read 15,620 times
Default work

in WS, we dont mind a commute.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 AM

201 posts, read 593,967 times
Well, W/S is definitely not hustle and bustle!! haha We live south of W/S in Davidson Co. We have slightly over an acre we bought for $30k in 2000. You might want to look down our way or out in Davie Co which is west of W/S. Also north towards Surry and Stokes Co is good with pretty mountain views. That budget is definitely doable in NC!!! Unless you are looking to build a designer house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point