Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 PM

9 posts, read 13,733 times

Advertisements

Hi, thanks for reading this!

I'm going to try to explain this as best I can. We're looking for a town that is great for families. By that I mean it's economically savvy for young couples like ourselves, has good schools, lots of recreational sports, and obviously lots of families. We would like to be close to a major city, but not in one, so I guess you could say we're looking for a suburb. We like towns where everyone seems to know everyone (but not in a nosy way haha!) but a city is close by if you need a wider range of possibilities.

We're looking to definitely stay in the Carolinas, either North or South because my parents live just outside of Columbia on Lake Murray. So I'm also going to post this in the North Carolina forum for more feedback.

Basically we need family-friendly town suggestions!

We're all ears! Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 03:34 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,593,719 times
Here's one suggestion: 10 Best Towns for Families: 2010: Simpsonville, South Carolina

The Greer/Taylors and Easley areas are also similar. Seems like this area just might be right up your alley!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:42 PM

9 posts, read 13,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Here's one suggestion: 10 Best Towns for Families: 2010: Simpsonville, South Carolina

The Greer/Taylors and Easley areas are also similar. Seems like this area just might be right up your alley!
Oh, Simpsonville looks very nice! I'm hoping it's not full of cookie-cutter neighborhoods where they chop down all the trees? And are there any good hospitals nearby? I'm a nurse, so I'll eventually be looking for employment.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,593,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl12 View Post
Oh, Simpsonville looks very nice! I'm hoping it's not full of cookie-cutter neighborhoods where they chop down all the trees? And are there any good hospitals nearby? I'm a nurse, so I'll eventually be looking for employment.
Well, Simpsonville is mainly (now) a modern, suburban area, so there is a plethora of that "cookie cutter" type development. However, having been its own municipality for some time, it also has a quaint downtown and some lovely older neighborhoods with mature lawns & trees. One of the branch hospitals of Greenville's largest healthcare system, GHS, is located in Simpsonville: Hillcrest Memorial Hospital. It has an attached professional building, and other practices are located nearby. Of course, other branches, and even the main campuses of both Greenville Hospital System and Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital are within a fairly convenient commute (depending on where you're coming from).

Old 07-21-2010, 05:45 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,147,646 times
As a lifetime resident of Simpsonville I can tell you that you can find a little of everything here. Yes we have cookie cutter homes and we have neighborhoods that are filled with individual homes on wooded lots. There is really somthing for everyone here.
Here is a link to Heritage Park located in Simpsonville. Heritage Park
It is a lovely little gem where we have an ampitheater and a super nice baseball/softball complex.
For entertainment we have the new Great Escape Theater complex where we just watched Toy Story 3 on an Imax screen in 3D.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 AM

15 posts, read 30,271 times
Youre gonna keep hearing Simpsonville... I checked out every other suburb town here and Simpsonville is what you are looking for. We were looking at the cookie cutter housing developments and actually decided to go with a townhome/loft in an apartment complex. We decided this because we wanted lots of kids around my sons age (9) and driving through the developments there rarely did you ever see anyone outside or any kids at all... empty pools etc. Here in less than 2 weeks my son has meet 3 or 4 kids in just a couple trips to the beautiful salt water pool where there are actually people swimming and grilling and socializing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area