Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,877,608 times

Advertisements

Hey gang.... a couple of random questions......
Whatever happened to the Dunkin' Donuts store on main that was supposed to replace Loose Lucy's? Went downtown last weekend and still nothing? Also, has anyone heard for sure if we are getting an Anthropologie retail store? It's my fav and I heard a few months back that we might be getting one....anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 AM

5,596 posts, read 15,400,061 times
The DD franchise has been in financial hot water and therefore scrapped the plan for a unique downtown store. I heard Verizon (yay!) is interested in that space.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,560,176 times
This thread makes me sad...

Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 AM

899 posts, read 2,290,612 times
That franchisee opened five of their locations in Spartanburg County a few years ago (or whenever it was that they saturated the Upstate with Dunkin Donuts), and since then they've closed four of those five stores.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,110,956 times
DD really messed up when they stopped making all of their donuts fresh in each store and instead went to a warehouse distribution center mode of operation. I'm old enough to remember the "Time to make the donuts" commercials that they use to air way back in the day.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:47 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,560,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
DD really messed up when they stopped making all of their donuts fresh in each store and instead went to a warehouse distribution center mode of operation. I'm old enough to remember the "Time to make the donuts" commercials that they use to air way back in the day.
Me, too. But I still REALLY like their donuts - they seem fresh to me whenever I have a chance to have one (rare though that is).

Old 08-02-2010, 12:09 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,877,608 times
Aww... thanks for the update, gang. I'm sad to hear that...we were looking forward to it. Does anyone know whether Anthropologie is still planning a store here? One out of two would still make me happy

Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,848,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
The DD franchise has been in financial hot water and therefore scrapped the plan for a unique downtown store. I heard Verizon (yay!) is interested in that space.
why yay? doesn't seem like a great downtown store, as much as I'd like to see that space filled....

Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,550,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
They weren't doing it warehouse style in Chicago when I left. As far as I know that hasn't changed. Sounds like this group thought they could get off cheap and failed.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 PM

5,596 posts, read 15,400,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
why yay? doesn't seem like a great downtown store, as much as I'd like to see that space filled....
Partially because I am a Verizon fan and think a downtown store would be handy (although I purchased my current phone online), but also because they sell Android/Google phones, which would "bring Google to Main Street" in an indirect way. Obviously that is a stretch, but hopefully it could be useful in the city's bid to bring Google Fiber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area