Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 04:20 PM

607 posts, read 1,402,601 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a child? It's looking like our daughter will be needing to see one. We have dental insurance, but it doesn't cover braces...ugh...
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 PM

13 posts, read 21,477 times
I work for a dentist in the area and I highly recommend Dr. Summers. He is on Old Spartanburg Rd in Taylors, close to the Pavillion. I also like Dr. Fulmer in Mauldin, but the results I've seen from Dr. Summers are consistently good. The last time our office checked, which was a few months ago, the first visit, including xrays and study models, was free.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:16 PM

306 posts, read 689,605 times
We have been very happy with Dr.'s Dean & McInnis on Rte. 8 in Easley. My son got an expander with top and bottom braces. He has another 6 months to go but his teeth look much better. My daughter got an expander with just top braces. She got them off 2 months ago and went from having "Sponge Bob" teeth to the most beautiful smile. I highly recommend them. The office is beautiful and clean and his staff is great

Old 08-15-2010, 04:14 PM

12 posts, read 18,087 times
I recommend Dr. Donald Hunt and his son Dr. Donald Hunt, Jr in Taylors. Dr. Hunt,Sr did my braces (and my sister's) when I was a girl and Jr. and Sr. have done both of my sons orthodontics. I'm 43 and had my braces when I was 10. They must be doing something right to have been in practice that long. The results are incredible and have withstood the test of time in my case. The costs are very reasonable and they will really work with you on the financing. They will meet with you and discuss everything upfront. If you're interested their number is 864-268-2800. I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than a very satified and grateful customer.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 AM

8 posts, read 20,146 times
My son used Dr. Tom Atkinson. He was amazing and his office staff was wonderful. His office is located off of Roper Mountain Road near where Langston Charter used to be. What I really liked about Dr. Tom is that while my son was in his braces he would alter his treatment as needed. Also, the office had prizes and incentives that my son enjoyed. When we were looking at different doctors before treatment some orthodontists charged for the original xrays. Dr. Tom did not and I did not feel like they were trying to push me into choosing them. Oh... and my son's smile looks amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area