Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM

684 posts, read 1,185,400 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Moving to Greenville area soon, narrowed my search to the following complexes: anyone have any pro/con stories? I looked at all the apartmentratings, and some of them see really fake or one disgruntled tenant, and figured a post here wouldn't hurt:

Millenium / Garden District Apartments
Vinings at Brookfield / Roper Mt
Alta Brookwood
Verandas at the Point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 PM

6 posts, read 26,325 times
My family & I are currently living at Millennium for 3 months while we wait for our house to close. It's a nice complex. We've been here about a month with no problems. Management is friendly and fairly easy to deal with. Very close to the Woodruff Rd area and can make it downtown in just a few minutes. If I was looking for a place to live long term, I might look elsewhere as there are some so-so neighborhoods nearby. Also considered Verandas at the Point and they were asking $500 more per month due to short term lease. I like the location of Verandas better, so that would be my choice for a longer term (6+ mos).

Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 AM

22 posts, read 45,096 times
Did Millennium not raise the rent for a 3 month lease ?

Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 AM

49 posts, read 102,860 times
I live at the Vinings at Bookfield and I love it here. The apartments are only three years old, everything is new, clean and in good shape. I think the staff is great. They've helped me with anything I needed and are very polite. There is lots of parking here and the grounds are very well maintained. I'm not moving anytime soon.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:04 AM

6 posts, read 26,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee507 View Post
Did Millennium not raise the rent for a 3 month lease ?
Yes, the rent was higher for a 3 month lease than it would have been for a 12 month, but only by a small amount. I think it was about a $50 difference per month.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:17 PM

910 posts, read 2,292,139 times
There are several nice and affordable complexes on Pelham Rd. between E. North and Haywood Rd, very convenient location too (that's where I'm at!) close to supermarkets, restaurants, the Mall, I-385, etc.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 PM

22 posts, read 45,096 times
I am looking at the Arbors of Brookfield if anyone has any imput please share .

Old 09-16-2014, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,168 times
Default Need to find new home in less than 2 weeks for single mom and son

Im a single disabled mom and my hardworking son has stayed by my side knowing I don't bring in enough money to make it on my own. I admire and love him so much. It breaks my heart that he and I have lived through hell this past year because of our abusive landlord. Our lease is up in 13 days and, though we have been doing everything to find a place, its has been that almost every apt. complex we have investigated can, and do, get away with treating you like you are less than human and as a tenant you have no rights and there is nothing you can do about it.Everywhere we go they either have a lot of crime, or big problems with roaches, or maintenance that takes weeks to get to you and many lie to you so you will sign the lease and then once they show you your new apt you are stuck with it even if the new carpet they promised is not there then you are stuck with the old stained carpet. Really, I just had a PM tell me this. The police tell me of all the crime that takes place and we see the horror stories in the reviews...we dont know what to believe and my doctor said if I have another year like this last one it will kill me. Please, anyone! If you know of a 2b 2b in the $850 range that is close to Pelham road and a safe area please let me know. Thank you so very much!

Old 09-18-2014, 09:34 PM

271 posts, read 796,742 times
My MIL recently moved here to be closer to us, and is living in Millinium. It's been great so far. Nice, clean complex, relatively quiet. Seems to be a very mixed community, in terms of ages, ethnicities, etc. I do agree, that just outside the complex...the immediate area of housing seems a bit umm, shady. But then again, just down the street a few miles is a very pricey area of "old Greenville money". Honestly, that wide rage of poverty vs money living very close to each other seems to be the norm in South Carolina. Anyhoo, the staff on site has been very attentive to any concerns she's had, yet leave her alone unless needed. Parking, one concern of ours for her, actually has not been an issue, unless you are coming in after 10p.m....seems to be hard to find a spot...I guess most people are home then.

She's super convenient to the Interstate, to Woodruff, to head this way to Mauldin, go that way down Laurens. As someone new to the area, she's found that her location is easy to get to most places.

One thing she'd like, and so did we, is that these are not the common huge apartment buildings...big square hotel looking complexes. Each building only has two levels, and all levels open at the door on the ground level. Has much more of a "townhome" type feel to the overall community. There's not many communities around here that offer a similiar layout. It has alot of green space....that was key...more green space=less like apartment living.

And the floor plan is great. We looked at about 10 complexes when she was looking to move here. This floor plan, for a 2 bedroom, is very spacious...and the bedrooms are off a bit...not sitting right on top of the living room space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area