Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:32 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times

Advertisements

The City of Greenville posted this interesting recap video on their YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHm1l...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 09:03 AM

306 posts, read 689,546 times
As always Skyliner.....two thumbs up

Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 AM

23 posts, read 50,594 times
Default Hey is Greenville really worth a look see?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcfarlane View Post
We went last night for the first time and were very impressed! Not only is it for charity but a unique and elegant way for restaurants to showcase what they offer...minimal price for 'samples' allows you to try new types of food!

As a transplant from the Baltimore area I can't quite put into words why I enjoyed this festival over the ones from MD. Prices were so much lower, people are classier (even the intoxicated are funny as opposed to rude/obnoxious!) very, very, very (can't emphasize enough) clean!

So happy we moved here!

Laura
Hi Laura, after reading your post and the fact that you hail from Baltimore, I was just interested in hearing more from a fellow Marylander your perspective about Greenville. My wife and I live in Southern (Charles county) Maryland and have been researching relocation in the South. The threads on this beautiful city and it's people are really eye catching...Sky has done an excellent job showing off the city with her beautiful pictures and commentary. Since I am retiring (age 60) and wife in her 50s, can you sell me on some of the qualities of your new home that should attract us? We love cycling on trails, swimming and aerobic aquatics year around, I play lots of tennis, we LOVE theater (live and cinema), we always loved what downtown Baltimore offers, Little Italy, Fells Point, Rams Head, and that great urban scene of Alexandria, VA and DC's museums etc. We also plan on doing a fair bit of international travel as well. Is this enough information for you to form some opinion on how we might adapt?

Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 AM

23 posts, read 50,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I really enjoyed myself !

I saw something I have never seen before. An ATM Van ! It was Carolina First Bank ATM Van.

I wanted the rissotto shrimp dish but I was one ticket short so I decided on a taco plate . ( Next year risotto ! )

Here are two photos. Isn't downtown Greenville pretty !

And one of the bridge over Reedy Falls Park ...
I never tire of pictures of Greenville and you haven't failed here. Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area