Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:08 PM

65 posts, read 192,978 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of moving from New Jersey to Boiling Springs South Carolina. Is this a christian orientated area? everyone friendly and really nice? I'm also concerned for my kids, 13 year old son and my 15 year old daughter, that the kids are really nice. I hope that being from Jersey, people will be very excepting of my family. It seems like a beautiful town, and I'm very excited about my move there. Also is the crime very low there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2006, 06:42 AM

33 posts, read 168,995 times
I moved to Boiling Springs last November from California and love it. The people are very nice and it is a church based area. I have not heard any thing about any crime in the area except for minor stuff that is every where. As for the kids I have a seven year old, but the teenager I have seen are very nice and polite kids.
Scott

Old 08-19-2006, 06:39 PM

19 posts, read 108,341 times
Our neighbors just moved to Boiling Springs and We are considering it. Any info on the area would be helpful. Is it a big homeschooling community?Housing prices,ect?

Thanks
Jennifer

Old 08-24-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Sounds Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamint View Post
I moved to Boiling Springs last November from California and love it. The people are very nice and it is a church based area. I have not heard any thing about any crime in the area except for minor stuff that is every where. As for the kids I have a seven year old, but the teenager I have seen are very nice and polite kids.
Scott

I'm really looking forward to my move down there, it sounds wonderful. Thanks

Old 08-24-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamint View Post
Scott
Thanks for your reply, can you tell me about the job situation down there, are they plentiful??
How do you feel about the schools?
I see great information about the middle school and high school for district 2 on line, but what about off line, is everything as it says.
Also I read they are thinking about schools being open year round?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:06 PM

Here is a link to a web site http://www.thepaperboy.com.au/ with local newspapers to check out the classifieds. Spartanburg is only a few minutes away and Greenville is about 20 - 30 min.
Coming from California where the kids controlled the class it's nice to see that it is the other way around here. The schools are very structured. The first day I took my daughter to first grade here all the kids in every class where sitting in the hallway in front of the class reading a book waiting till the bell rang. All the kids are required to have reading books in there backpacks to read in the mornings. They don't let the kids run wild or misbehave or talk to each other while in the hallways. You can believe how much better my daughter is when she come home from school, in CA it was like she was on a sugar high. There is a new school for 5 & 6 grades right down the road from my house that is opening in the next few months for Dist. 2. The school for 7th & 8th is only a few years old. Then there is a 9th grade school and then the high school, I have not heard and thing bad about any of the BS schools. I think that they are there to teach the kids not just be a baby sitter like it is in a lot of schools that my kids have been in when we lived in CA. As for year round school, it not really year round it is a modified schedule which works better for the kids, they don't have a long break during the summer to get bored or in trouble they have small breaks through out the year a few weeks long.
Let me know if there are any other question I can help you with.
Scott

Old 08-25-2006, 11:52 AM

Default peace of mind

Hi Scott,

Thank You so much, you gave me some wonderful imformation, I'm coming down in September to pick out my house and look around, I can't wait. Are there any interesting sites to see?

Also what are your major grocery stores? And do you have a wal-mart in Boiling Springs? Movie Theater?

yOU'VE BEEN SO IMFORMATIVE!!

Old 08-25-2006, 01:13 PM

There is a Super Walmart and 2 Ingles, 2 BiLo grocery stores. No movie Theater, but we have a Lowes and a Ace Hardware. There are probably over 100 differennt shops and business, Subways, Sonics, Mc Donalds, Hardies, Burger King, Applebees, a few steak houses and other restaurants. But not a Taco Bell yet. The closest movie theater is in Spartanburg at the mall with Sears, Belks, Penny and all the other normal mall stores. Its 10 minutes away. The town is growing so much just since we moved here last year. Do you have a agent yet? If not I know a great lady.
Scott

Old 08-25-2006, 01:28 PM

Default real estate agent

Hi Scott,

Yes I do thank you, and he's wonderful and so helpful. I'm actually looking in to Stonewood Crossing on Upper Valley Falls Road, are you familiar with that area? and if so Is it nice? Isn't there a cracker barrell around there as well? My kids love crackerbarrell.
Boiling Springs seems like such a nice place, I hope it's still got the appeal of a small town, I hate to move somewhere where it's starting to become too crowded, and I just don't want to be in an area where there's a large amount of crime, It's important to me to keep my kids and myself safe. I love the idea of a small, friendly homey town,that's very appealing to me, yet I can be at a shopping mall or store in 10-20 minutes, depending on what i'm looking for.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:16 PM

There is a Cracker Barrell in Spartanburg. Don't know anything about Stonewood Crossing, that is on the other side of Boiling Springs then I am at. That's about halfway between BS and Spartanburg.
Scott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area