Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,605,465 times

Advertisements

I live in the Parkins Mill area and am in need of some excellent bagels (preferrably local). I've bought most bagels from Bruegger's but am seeking a closer, local place. (BTW, didn't Bruegger's have a location on Augusta?) I tried Greenfield's bagels recently (everything bagel) and, although they were very good, I thought Bruegger's bagels were better. (Maybe I should try Greenfield's again?) Any other opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,774,241 times
Is Broadway Bagels still open at Hudson Corners?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:25 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,855,023 times
For bagels, I have to go with Greenfields....they have the best lox.

Not a bagel, but the pretzel roll at BPF, is an excellent substitute and it is easy from Parkins Mill.

index

Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,538,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I live in the Parkins Mill area and am in need of some excellent bagels (preferrably local). I've bought most bagels from Bruegger's but am seeking a closer, local place. (BTW, didn't Bruegger's have a location on Augusta?) I tried Greenfield's bagels recently (everything bagel) and, although they were very good, I thought Bruegger's bagels were better. (Maybe I should try Greenfield's again?) Any other opinions?
Although I'm nothing close to being a bagel connoisseur, I thought Greenfield's were great. I also thought Bruegger's were great....

FYI: Greenfield's is Greenville's only Kosher deli. Support them!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,838,963 times
there aren't many bagel places in Greenville, you mentioned the only two I know of in the area. I don't think they are very popular in the south?(correct me if I'm wrong). Seems like southerners prefer their Biscuits over Bagels??

Old 10-13-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
there aren't many bagel places in Greenville, you mentioned the only two I know of in the area. I don't think they are very popular in the south?(correct me if I'm wrong). Seems like southerners prefer their Biscuits over Bagels??
Bagels are fairly popular here, but many of the places that sell them aren't exclusive bagel places. Panera, Atlanta Bread, Two Chefs, etc. With mulitple locations of Panera and ABC....bagels are pretty easy to come by. I'll take a bagel over a biscuit any day. Come to think of it, who other than fast food places or sit down meat and threes have biscuits?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:49 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,838,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Bagels are fairly popular here, but many of the places that sell them aren't exclusive bagel places. Panera, Atlanta Bread, Two Chefs, etc. With mulitple locations of Panera and ABC....bagels are pretty easy to come by. I'll take a bagel over a biscuit any day. Come to think of it, who other than fast food places or sit down meat and threes have biscuits?
Panera and Atlanta bread have awful bagels, never had two chefs but I doubt they make them in house(Maybe they do, I don't know). Where my folks live in jersey there is a different BAGEL store every few blocks, in Rochester where i'm originally from there and more than a handful of exclusively bagel shops to choose from. It just isn't like that down here, thats all I was saying.

The comment about the biscuits was a bit of a joke, I just have noticed since I've been here that southerners tend to include biscuits in their breakfast meals over other bread choices

Old 10-13-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Where my folks live in jersey there is a different BAGEL store every few blocks, in Rochester where i'm originally from there and more than a handful of exclusively bagel shops to choose from.
All the spots where bagel shops would go here are taken up by bar-b-que joints.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:01 AM

506 posts, read 1,221,812 times
I've been to Brueggers a couple times and didn't think their bagels were very good. Extremely chewy, my jaw was sore when I was done.

The best bagels I've had in the area were honestly from Panera.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:08 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,369,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
All the spots where bagel shops would go here are taken up by bar-b-que joints.
Or waffle shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area