Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 PM

6 posts, read 14,148 times

Advertisements

Based on your own experiance, can anyone supply us with a reccommendation for a good dog kennel/boarding service, or in-home pet sitters? We have to go out of town over the holidays and we have 2 small dogs we need to arrange care for. We have never had to use a kennel or sitter before, so please feel free to offer any tips, suggestions, or who to STAY AWAY from!
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 AM

33 posts, read 117,582 times
I had to kennel my 2 dogs for 9 days, yikes. They usually stay with my folks. I used Woodlands Pet Resort near Blue Ridge Middle School. Check out their website-it's very accurate. They're very nice, calm dog people with a clean and safe setup. It's a little far to drive but worth it. I think I paid about $40 a day for both dogs, with playtimes and baths included. Oh, they have a webcam so you can check in on your pets.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,838,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by local67 View Post
I had to kennel my 2 dogs for 9 days, yikes. They usually stay with my folks. I used Woodlands Pet Resort near Blue Ridge Middle School. Check out their website-it's very accurate. They're very nice, calm dog people with a clean and safe setup. It's a little far to drive but worth it. I think I paid about $40 a day for both dogs, with playtimes and baths included. Oh, they have a webcam so you can check in on your pets.
This place might be fine for your dogs, because they are small but I would not recommend them. They told me that they would be able to handle an aggressive nervous dog(about 40lbs, Thai ridgeback). Within an hour of dropping off my dog to go on a 15hr drive they called me and wanted me to pick her up. They finally agreed to keep her but crated her the whole time and told me never to bring her back. I made it very clear what type of a dog she was and they told me they could handle anything, even told me they wanted to try to socialize her, which I told them not to do. It was just a very bad experience overall.

As for a good place, its a little pricey, but pet smart pet hotel did a very good job, although they do not have an outdoor area, they took great care of my dog, they have a very friendly knowledgable staff, and gave her back to me clean and happy

Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 AM

6 posts, read 14,148 times
One of our dogs is aggressive-(fear related) and I have a feeling it is going to be hard to place a place to board her.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 AM

55 posts, read 140,849 times
We really like Cuddly Critters and they come to your home as many times a day as you need... cuddly-critters.com or 864-901-3189

Old 10-19-2010, 02:33 PM

31 posts, read 80,926 times
Default Cuddly Critters!

I, too, am extremely pleased with Cuddly Critters in-home pet sitting. I have 3 dogs and use Cuddly Critters for everything from overnight trips to multi-week trips.

Cuddly Critters is the most professional group I have encountered; that gives me tremendous peace of mind when traveling. And, they are, of course, cuddly, according to my pets.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:39 PM

344 posts, read 815,882 times
I wish Cuddly Critters served Spartanburg! I checked out their web site, and would love to use them for a trip we have coming up in November. We have 3 dogs, and I'd love for them to be able to stay out our house while we were gone, instead of going to a kennel.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 AM

85 posts, read 144,805 times
I use Top Dog on Roper Mtn Rd. I have been pleased. Check out their website. They even have a dog bone shaped swimming pool if you want to pay a little extra for your dog to take a swim. My lab loves it!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 AM

15 posts, read 30,179 times
We have had to board our dog and its puppy twice and I would never take them anywhere else but Whiskers in Mauldin.. small husband and wife run it and they are sooooooooo nice. They bath the dogs for free and show them lots of attention and take them outside.... they are just the best! 864-676-0002 is their number. They are VERY reasonable too! And also the mother is real protective with the pup and afraid of a lot and she loves it there. We keep her put up when company is around cuz she gets so skittish now but she did fine at Whiskers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area