Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:46 PM

356 posts, read 677,495 times

Advertisements

I looked at there menu on there site for a few sample locations around here... And i have to say I'm not that excited ... Not saying there food isn't any good but this to me looks like just another Applebees or TGI Fridays.. Same old stuff, Buffalo chicken wraps, burgers, some generic Italian dishes.. Sure I'll stop in some time but nothing about this place says come hither...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 01:01 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
I looked at there menu on there site for a few sample locations around here... And i have to say I'm not that excited ... Not saying there food isn't any good but this to me looks like just another Applebees or TGI Fridays.. Same old stuff, Buffalo chicken wraps, burgers, some generic Italian dishes.. Sure I'll stop in some time but nothing about this place says come hither...
And? Not trying to be rude, but nobody is forcing you to eat at Cheddar's so what's the problem?

Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 PM

267 posts, read 330,326 times
Quote:
The crowds there will be large enough without you.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:02 PM

356 posts, read 677,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
And? Not trying to be rude, but nobody is forcing you to eat at Cheddar's so what's the problem?

wow... never said anyone was... was just making a comment about the variety of options on the menu... Do you disagree with my actual comment? or did you just feel like being a jerk.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 5,177 times
Default True differences

The difference is that the "other" well known, highly advertised, uniquely branded restaurant chains pour their money in to just that - not the quality and portions of the food. They also use sodium and sodium based spices to "add flavor". It is a cheap and very unhealthy way to make an average steak taste better.
Many of them just spent millions on "rebranding". This is a good deal for the companies that sell these programs, but does little for their client. If somone does not like the menu or the true value, fancy signage and TV ads is not going to keep them coming back.
Every time you see those crafty TV ads that cost millions, just imagine how good the food could be if only half of all of that budget was spent on the food portions.
Prices go higher as food portions shrink, and that is the recipe for a slow death in the competitive world of chain restaurants.
You will not find any of that at Cheddars.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:53 AM

267 posts, read 330,326 times
Quote:
wow... never said anyone was... was just making a comment about the variety of options on the menu... Do you disagree with my actual comment? or did you just feel like being a jerk.
What a crybaby

Old 09-12-2011, 01:17 PM

186 posts, read 358,890 times
Hate to interrupt the Cheddar's chain-of-thought, but just what the bleep happened to the "Cheesecake Factory coming to Magnolia Park" talk?

As for Cheddar's - it will be packed like EVERY other new restaurant tends to be in G-ville. Glad to have them, whether their food is great or just meh. It just encourages more restaurants to consider the area.
"No one ever goes there - it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

Old 09-13-2011, 12:01 AM

Yeah...Yogi just steals picnic baskets.

Cheesecake Factory has been coming to Magnolia Park since the project was announced in 2006 apparently.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:28 AM

899 posts, read 2,288,170 times
Anyone know when Cheddar's is supposed to open for business?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Anyone know when Cheddar's is supposed to open for business?
Monday September 19th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area