U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:17 PM

22 posts, read 40,205 times

Advertisements

I am wonder the best quailty and the best bang for your buck ?

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 06:03 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,202,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee507 View Post
I am wonder the best quailty and the best bang for your buck ?

Thanks !
If you are looking for bank for your buck check out Silverbay Seafood restaurant in Simpsonville. Large portions of seafood, will definitely leave with a full stomach and some leftovers. Food was always fresh and the service was always good whenever I went there. They make the most delicious hush puppies! Also have 2 dining rooms with a fantastic fish tank where you can sit and watch baby sharks and beautiful fish swim while you eat.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,388,753 times
Not exactly bang for the buck, but definitely fabulous seafood.

Nantucket Seafood Grill, opened by Rick Erwin, who owns Rick Erwins West End Grill (which was voted one the top 50 restaurants nationally by Open Table).

Nantucket Seafood Grill (http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/index.php - broken link)

Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 PM

5,713 posts, read 5,815,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Not exactly bang for the buck, but definitely fabulous seafood.

Nantucket Seafood Grill, opened by Rick Erwin, who owns Rick Erwins West End Grill (which was voted one the top 50 restaurants nationally by Open Table).

Nantucket Seafood Grill (http://nantucketseafoodgrill.com/index.php - broken link)

That's funny, because we thought that it was mediocre at best, very bland and really expensive, the ambiance is nice though, but High Cotton blows it out of the water; I think it's the most over rated restaurant in Greenville along with Giovanni's, but hey different strokes for different folks. But that does bring up a good point, there really isn't a stellar seafood place, but that's to be expected I guess, being close to four hours from the ocean.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 AM

5,681 posts, read 10,131,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy;16681281I think it's the most over rated restaurant in Greenville [B
along with Giovanni's[/b]...
The devil you say! Haven't been to Nantucket yet, but am anxiously awaiting a reason to go! Although we haven't been to Giovanni's in a couple years (we love Italian food, but for some reason almost never have it when we dine out), we both loved the food & wine, and the personal service was beyond reproach.

NYB - I also agree with you about Silver Bay. Haute cuisine it ain't, but it's fresh, honest, affordable seafood. Same goes for Harbor Inn.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 AM

5,473 posts, read 13,826,299 times
We have completely enjoyed Nantucket Seafood Grill. It is obviously not going to win the "best bang for your buck" category, however in my opinion, they are one of the few providers of high quality and truly fresh seafood in the Upstate without question.

Other good (quality) seafood options in the Upstate include:

Old 11-17-2010, 02:17 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,887,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
If you are looking for bank for your buck check out Silverbay Seafood restaurant in Simpsonville. Large portions of seafood, will definitely leave with a full stomach and some leftovers. Food was always fresh and the service was always good whenever I went there. They make the most delicious hush puppies! Also have 2 dining rooms with a fantastic fish tank where you can sit and watch baby sharks and beautiful fish swim while you eat.
You will have to scrape the grease off of the inside of your mouth after eating here. Less than mediocre.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,202,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
You will have to scrape the grease off of the inside of your mouth after eating here. Less than mediocre.
Have eaten at Silverbay several times while living in Greenville.....and a few more times during visits within the last year....have never found their seafood to be greasy at all. Food is always fresh.

The bottom line is this....the op asked for bang for buck good seafood.....Silverbay and Harbor Inn (almost forgot about them, thank you Upstatebooster) will more than satisfy most who just want a fresh, filling seafood dinner in a un-pretentious pleasant atmosphere without breaking the bank. Now if the person feels like spending what probably will add up to $100 or more for dinner at Nantucket in downtown and still be able to see empty space left on their plate....than that is an option too.

Last edited by NewYorkBorn; 11-17-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 04:43 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,388,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
Agreed. Silver Bay is pretty horrible, mass, chain restaurant, frozen seafood.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM

5,681 posts, read 10,131,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Agreed. Silver Bay is pretty horrible, mass, chain restaurant, frozen seafood.
I've always enjoyed my visits and food, FWIW...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area