U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,474 times

Advertisements

I am having a hard time finding the proper information regarding home owners who have trespasser's (neighborhood school aged kids) who are cutting through my yard and keying my car.

We have lived in the same area for almost a decade now, however after repeatedly attempts to say "Stop cutting through my yard" I still see a handful sneaking through. Now we have had two vehicles keyed and no idea what we can do (other than fence everything up, which is on the list but other things right now need to come before that).

Help?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 02:10 PM

696 posts, read 1,228,661 times
Personally, I'd put a big, mean looking dog in the yard. Or get one of those DIY security camera kits from Amazon, catch them in the act, and then show the evidence to their parents or the police if the parents don't do anything about it.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:21 PM

We have a dog (who has a large sized pen already) and sadly, he might look mean from far off but he would only lick a person to death I fear.

I am talking to a fencning person for an estimate and will be looking into cameras for sure though. I am thinking by the time I can find out which kid it is, I will be going door2door to find out who the parents are though, but that's okay, we all need exercise sometimes right?

Old 12-21-2010, 02:39 PM

207 posts, read 525,731 times
That is terrible. I hope you are able to find the culprits. Unfortunately, some kids have no respect for others. It's something I saw much too often when I was teaching.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:41 PM

I hope to find them before Santa comes to visit I am sure some parents would love to return the gifts Santa got for $ instead. I have been researching and read some horrible stories too, I just can not believe that people who are even my age are not teaching their kids the basics of respect for other peoples possessions. I mean if they helped to pay my property taxes and insurance for this land, sure I could understand letting responsible kids cut through my yard, but I do not see any willingly forking over their allowance.

I am slowly taking it better each day, I get a little less pissed about the car (no one was hurt/etc so its tolerable, but I am still grumpy).

Old 12-23-2010, 07:33 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,191,838 times
What about a motion activated sprinkler.

Amazon.com: SCC1 ScareCrow Motion Activated Sprinkler: Kitchen & Dining

Give them a nice shock and a bath. You can probably search around for a cheaper one, that was just the first one I found.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:37 AM

5,009 posts, read 7,374,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post

Give them a nice shock and a bath. You can probably search around for a cheaper one, that was just the first one I found.
What a great idea!!!! You could pair it up with this

Woot® : One Day, One Deal

and die laughing as you take the evidence to the police!

Old 12-23-2010, 10:12 AM

Bahhahaha I am loving the way you all think already and I already shop @ w00t. We have a fencing guy coming out today (awesome w/the holidays so close) and I am going to get an estimate to see what it will cost to keep the buggers out, but this is a great backup plan.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:27 AM

153 posts, read 599,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post

I LOVE this idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area