Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 03:51 PM

18 posts, read 40,275 times

Advertisements

Hi,I just wanted to thank everyone who has commented on my initial post.
My wife and I are now living in our new house and are loving Greeville and all it has to offer.
The cycling community here is fantastic.The rides are out of this world,be it a cruise down the Swamp Rabbit,or the Sat run up to The Bakery's in Saluda or Flat Rock!
As for the local club"The Greenville Spinners",They could not have been more friendly and supportive.
Not the least bit snobby,right down to some of the most talented riders,and there are many.
Greenville is a wonderfully friendly town which embraces cycling and life in general.
Thanks for making my transition so wonderfull,I know I've found a new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 03:58 PM

62 posts, read 148,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike1 View Post
As for the local club"The Greenville Spinners",They could not have been more friendly and supportive.
I'm pretty sure a co-worker of mine is a member. He's a cool guy so if that's any indication, the group is legit. lol

Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
Pedal Chic re-opens this evening @ 5pm! George Hincapie will be there as well.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:25 PM

A nice follow-up article published by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN)

Women's shop bounces back after flood

Quote:
Bylenga was overwhelmed by the outpouring of generosity from the Greenville community and beyond in helping get Pedal Chic open again. “I really relied a lot on friends and had customers and all sorts of people showing up to paint and help,” she said.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 PM

If anyone is interested in learning how to be a better cyclist, then check out the nine coaches at Greenville Cycling Center. They specialize in all forms of cycling and are capable of training all levels from beginner to world-class professional.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
A nice follow-up article published by Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN)

Women's shop bounces back after flood
Pedal Chic has received positive national exposure again. A writer from Money Magazine was vacationing on Lake Keowee and heard about the women's cycling boutique in downtown Greenville and decided to share the shop's story with the rest of the world.

Greenville business featured in national magazine - YouTube

Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Glory Cycles is opening on the west coast, in Seattle. Good to see a local Greenville company do well. If you don't know Glory, you can read their story below:

S.C.'s Glory Cycles tests model out West | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

Our Story

Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM

More people in Greenville are commuting to/from work on two wheels:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...o-bike-to-work

Old 12-26-2013, 08:28 AM

Greenville's stellar reputation in the cycling world continues to grow and boost the local economy as yet another national racing event has been announced. The 2015-2016 USA Cycling Professional Criterium National Championships are set to arrive less than a year after the 2014 UCI Para-Cycling Road World Championships.

I included a few related news blurbs below.

The Gazette (Colorado Springs):
Quote:
In 2015-16, USA Cycling returns to Greenville, S.C., for the USA Cycling Professional Criterium National Championships. Greenville, which was the site of its professional road national championships from 2005-11, has a strong history of hosting professional national championships and is an extremely popular area for cyclists.
Upstate Business Journal:
Quote:
Greenville continues to gain worldwide recognition in the cycling community with businesses such as Boyd Cycling and Hincapie Sports and a prior announcement that Greenville will be the site of the UCI Para-Cycling World Championships Aug. 28-Sept. 1, 2014. “Greenville, South Carolina’s emergence as a recognized and talked about cycling destination combined with proven category event experience and an incredibly passionate local cycling community makes for a standout championship for the athletes and the fans,” said Chris Stone, president of VisitGreenvilleSC.
GSA Business:
Quote:
Part of the reason USA Cycling chose Greenville was the area’s avid cycling fan base and history with the sport, she said. “They don’t want to race where there’s no spectators, no fans,” said Prosser, who said the city has been working with USA Cycling on this bid for over a year. “It’s very exciting, because our downtown is beautiful, and we have a great cycling crowd in Greenville.”
WYFF News 4:
Quote:
Greenville, which was the site of the USA Cycling Professional Road Championships for seven years, was selected due to its strong history of hosting cycling events and its popular base of cyclists.
The Greenville News:
Quote:
“Our award-winning downtown is an ideal venue for the USA Cycling Professional Criterium National Championships and we are honored to be the host city for this prestigious competition,” said Greenville mayor Knox White in a news release. “We look forward to welcoming the field of elite athletes and making the 2015-2016 championships the most exciting yet.”

Old 12-30-2013, 09:00 AM

150 posts, read 217,615 times
I've read this thread with interest because my wife and I are avid cyclists (more for mt than road biking) and we're looking for a place to live with an active biking club. It's clear that we'll find that with the Spinners. Can anyone please comment on the mt biking culture, eg venues (Paris Mt looks good), group rides, races?

We visited AVL earlier this year (although not to ride) and were impressed with the amount of mt bikers and the variety and close proximity of venues. Thanks, in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area