Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2011, 10:55 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Businessweek said that in 2009, landlords offered more discounts to help keep existing tenants and attract new ones. The report said there are more renters than ever now because people have lost their homes or are putting off buying one.
Sources: Report: Greenville Had Highest Rent Increase In US - Money News Story - WHNS Greenville (http://www.foxcarolina.com/money/27214263/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twit ter - broken link)

Twenty-Five American Cities with the Biggest Rent Hikes: No. 1 Biggest Rent Hike: Greenville, S.C. - BusinessWeek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 AM

506 posts, read 1,221,940 times
I know and I really wish I had/could take advantage of this. I would love to buy a foreclosed house, and rent it out... if only I had the time and energy I would need to dedicate to it, now is just about the most perfect time.

I feel like I'm the only person in my extended family in the area that doesn't own a rental house!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 PM

9 posts, read 163,314 times
Does anybody have an opinion on whether home sales are picking up locally?

Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 AM

506 posts, read 1,221,940 times
I don't think they are much, but they also didn't decline nearly as much here as other areas. It's definitely still a buyer's market.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethequeen View Post
Does anybody have an opinion on whether home sales are picking up locally?
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...n-looking-for-

(Remember to use the Google news search using the title of the article to see full text).

"Year-over-year home sales in Greater Greenville were up 7 percent last month compared with sales in the same month last year, according to statistics released by the Greenville Multiple Listing Service."

Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 AM

17 posts, read 26,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Home sale increase 'what we've been looking for' | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News

(Remember to use the Google news search using the title of the article to see full text).

"Year-over-year home sales in Greater Greenville were up 7 percent last month compared with sales in the same month last year, according to statistics released by the Greenville Multiple Listing Service."
That's good and all, but does that mean these people will be losing money off a falling home prices? I think Greenville market is lagging national home values and now starting to see the pain.

http://www.zillow.com/local-info/SC-Greenville/r_24960/#{scid=mor-site-topnavlocalsub}

Greenville Home Prices and Home Values in SC - Zillow Local Info

Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmanIsHere View Post
That's good and all, but does that mean these people will be losing money off a falling home prices? I think Greenville market is lagging national home values and now starting to see the pain.

http://www.zillow.com/local-info/SC-Greenville/r_24960/#{scid=mor-site-topnavlocalsub}

Greenville Home Prices and Home Values in SC - Zillow Local Info
There doesn't appear to be much (if any) difference between the local and national trends over the last two years, based on the Zillow link. By the way, their population info for Greenville needs updated.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:57 AM

17 posts, read 26,219 times
There's a big increase in house price between the 2007 and 2008 for Greenville. 2007 was when the bubble popped for the national. You don't see decline in housing prices until 2008. I was just stating that lag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area