Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM

5 posts, read 12,645 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating from NJ to SC in retirement, about 2 to 3 years away. Like Greenville a lot and wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Pebble Creek area near Taylors, east of the city. I know that there is a golf course there and wonder if we will feel out of place, being non-golfers.

Is there a good mix of homes there? Any parts of the development we should stay away from, and what is the quality of the construction? I did see one house advertised for sale, ten years old, boasting a new roof. I wondered why someone would have to replace a roof after only ten years, hence the construction quality question.

Thanks for any info!

Jim Nicholson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 06:44 AM

2 posts, read 9,510 times
jim,

I grew up in the Pebble Creek area, so I might be slightly biased. There is a good mix of houses, ranging from over 50 years old to brand new. You will probably see a lot of new roofs on houses since there was a bad hail storm that came through about a year ago. Pebble Creek was one of the hardest hit areas when that storm came through. There are grocery stores, schools, and a main thorough fare within a few miles of anywhere in Pebble Creek.

The only negative I hear about the area is that depending on what direction you come in from, you might go through a small industrial area with some rail road tracks. But once you get into Pebble Creek, it is a great area.

I hope this helps.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,270,970 times
Pebble Creek is an expansive area featuring a combination of neighborhoods from single family dwellings to condominiums surrounded by two 18-hole courses, Mountain Creek and Linkside. Constructed dwellings date back to the late 1970s.

Its major throughfare is Stallings Road, which connects to Rutherford Road to access Greenville's downtown and Wade Hampton Boulevard to reach Taylors, Greer, and Spartanburg. The intersection at Rutherford Road has small community shops, a pizzeria (Pebble Creek Pizza), and a supermarket/pharmacy/gas station (Ingle's).

Schools
Elementary (K-5): Paris, Taylors
Middle (6-8): Sevier
High (9-12): Wade Hampton

Old 04-21-2011, 08:10 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
I wasn't even aware of this area until now! After 11 years, we're still finding out about new things!

This info may be helpful: Pebble Creek : Neighborhood Profile : Taylors, South Carolina (SC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area