Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 11:25 PM

55 posts, read 279,299 times

Advertisements

Hey, anyone know which resturants have "fried dill pickles" on their menu? Fell in love with these great little appetizers 'bout 5 yrs ago in a little place up in Ohio. Only places here in Spartanburg we've found them since moving here last fall is "Hooters" ( which just opened) & a BBQ place called "Kick Back Cove" (but they have the spears, not the slices). Would love to know of any other places in Spartanburg and/or Greenville areas they have these wonderful (even tho not really good for you) delights?? BTW - "Kick Back Cove" also had "Deep Fried Oreos" on the menu, but we had never heard of them, so was afraid to try them, any opinions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 05:44 PM

69 posts, read 321,261 times
Default Fried Dill Pickles

They had them at Applebee's last winter. They gave me serious indegestion.
Yuck.

I had never even heard of them until that Reese Witherspoon movie came out, I had no idea people fried pickles.

Now fried oreos, that is what you want to locate. Most delicious thing i've ever eaten in my life.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:48 PM

110 posts, read 453,707 times
Kick back Cove in Spartanburg near Westgate Mall has them.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:47 AM

105 posts, read 382,411 times
i know the Como's Pete's on Augusta Rd in Greenville has them...they are not on the menu but they can and will make them. Other than that i haven't been able to find them anywhere. But if you're up for a drive go to The Penguin in Charlotte not only do they have fried pickles but a great food also..it is a whole in the wall old drive-in though.

My experience is just ask places, just about any place with a deep fryer can make them if they want to...if you're in Spartanburg have you tried The Beacon, they seem like they might have them

Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 AM

Thumbs up Fried (Dill) Pickles

Haven't tried "The Beacon" yet, we've heard it's very good, & that since we love "Sugar & Spice" everyone says we would probably really like "The Beacon" too. I think I'll have to take your advise & just start asking since it seems not many people know of where to get them!! I have to say I'm really surprised they're so hard to find, my understanding was they kind of originated in the south so I just assumed there would be quite a few places that served them. Guess what they say about assuming could be correct, huh??? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie swords View Post
i know the Como's Pete's on Augusta Rd in Greenville has them...they are not on the menu but they can and will make them. Other than that i haven't been able to find them anywhere. But if you're up for a drive go to The Penguin in Charlotte not only do they have fried pickles but a great food also..it is a whole in the wall old drive-in though.

My experience is just ask places, just about any place with a deep fryer can make them if they want to...if you're in Spartanburg have you tried The Beacon, they seem like they might have them

Old 08-12-2007, 12:25 AM

Question Fried Pickles

Applebees (in Spartanburg) no longer has them!! I called yesterday & was sooo disappointed!!! What's the fried oreos like? Do they use the same kind of batter? Do you dip them in anything? I'm really curious & facinated by the idea of a fried oreo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMK View Post
They had them at Applebee's last winter. They gave me serious indegestion.
Yuck.

I had never even heard of them until that Reese Witherspoon movie came out, I had no idea people fried pickles.

Now fried oreos, that is what you want to locate. Most delicious thing i've ever eaten in my life.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:35 PM

63 posts, read 180,139 times
I know Mimi's Cafe on Woodruff Rd. in Greenville have them on the menu. And they're served w/ 1000 Island as a dipping sauce. YUMMY!!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:31 AM

250 posts, read 1,209,034 times
It's a bit of a drive over to Charlotte, NC, but the Penguin Drive-in has the best fried pickle chips you'll find anywhere around.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:45 PM

105 posts, read 382,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestedTraveler View Post
It's a bit of a drive over to Charlotte, NC, but the Penguin Drive-in has the best fried pickle chips you'll find anywhere around.

i've been saying that for quite some time now and the rest of their food is great too.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:07 PM

250 posts, read 1,209,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie swords View Post
i've been saying that for quite some time now and the rest of their food is great too.
Hey - you told me not to knock the pickles until I tried them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area