Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 PM

5 posts, read 10,907 times

Advertisements

Hello, All. My husband and I are seriously considering relocating to the Greenville area within the next year or so. I would like to request information about how many Call Centers there are in the Greenville area and what are the names of the corporations that have a Call Center there, or the industries served, if you would know this information also --or how I might obtain this information. I have 15 years experience working in Call Centers and excellent customer service "soft skills" dealing with people over the telephone and I will be seeking the same type of work upon arrival in Greenville. I am currently a Customer Care Professional working in the health insurance industry. Any info you can provide is much appreciated and thank you in advance for your kind responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 06:10 PM

344 posts, read 816,060 times
My sister worked for a Verizon call center here, and I *think* there is also a call center for Ford Motor Credit here as well. Good luck with your move, and welcome to Greenville.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
I remember Ford Motor Credit either laying people off or closing the office here altogether. Verizon and Samsung have call centers here and there are others I can't think of.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:25 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
This should help: Selected Call Centers : Greenville Area Development Corporation (GADC)

Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,186 times
AGFA Corp on Academy St has it's own call center.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:09 AM

356 posts, read 677,308 times
CMSI located on Garlington Rd has a large center

Capital Management Services L.P.

ford motor credit and verizon as previously mentioned. Another one in credit and collections calls is Resurgent Capital.. pretty large call center there along with other departments
Welcome to Resurgent Capital Services

Old 06-08-2011, 11:24 AM

179 posts, read 462,423 times
Teletech on Halton Road (UPS customer service)
Level One on Batesview Rd in Greer (Apartment Property Management customer service)
Super Duper Publications (Order taking)

Old 06-08-2011, 06:33 PM

28 posts, read 70,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsandbr View Post
Hello, All. My husband and I are seriously considering relocating to the Greenville area within the next year or so. I would like to request information about how many Call Centers there are in the Greenville area and what are the names of the corporations that have a Call Center there, or the industries served, if you would know this information also --or how I might obtain this information. I have 15 years experience working in Call Centers and excellent customer service "soft skills" dealing with people over the telephone and I will be seeking the same type of work upon arrival in Greenville. I am currently a Customer Care Professional working in the health insurance industry. Any info you can provide is much appreciated and thank you in advance for your kind responses.

Did you work for United Healthcare? HORRIBLE company. I was an RRE. I quit the day I had to tell a father that we weren't paying for hundreds of thousands of dollars of his dead son's claims because he didn't technically meet the definition of full-time student at the time. Nevermind that he'd called hundreds (yes, literally) of times and asked to speak to a supervisor. I told the director of the call center to shove the phone as far up her fat smelly butt as she could, took my stuff off my desk, said my goodbyes, and left. It was a ton of things before that that really just added up.

LevelOne in Greer hired me shortly after moving. If you've ever been in the military, you'll know what to expect. Starts at $11/hr and there are shop bonuses and sight-unseen application bonuses. I know for a fact I didn't see most of the bonuses I was entitled to, and often management deliberately held your shop scores below the required level to get a shop bonus. One good thing about it is it's a breeze compared to customer service, but you do get idiots who expect the world and insist on denigrating Greenville.

A guy named Jay is the head recruiter there and he's a nice but demanding guy. Used to be a better place to work, but it was purchased by a company called RealPage out of TX. Trainers are mediocre at best.

Charter in Simpsonville. DO NOT WORK THERE. Training was taught in ebonics. The good thing was it was two and a half months long and I did make some good money upgrading people.
That company was and is in bankruptcy because it's managed by retards all the way from lower to upper management.

Verizon...good company, horrible job. But I've heard it isn't so bad if you move up.

There's also Teletech. Horrible Indian BPO that will work you to the bone for very little pay and disappearing overtime. You'll work 60 hrs one week and 20 the next. They'll say it evens out to 40/wk until you call the Dept of Labor. You'll track UPS packages or online orders...

Cross Country Home Services in Anderson...$9/hr which is about as good as it gets there. You deny home warranty claims. No biggie if you come from the background you mentioned.

I think you'll have no problem in Greenville. Low paying, demeaning service industry and manufacturing jobs abound, but I'll admit they're starting to pay better.

PM me if you want more information.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 AM

179 posts, read 516,601 times
QS1 has a call center out of downtown Spartanburg. They are a pharmacutical software firm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area