Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:18 AM

13 posts, read 38,271 times

Advertisements

hi all ,
i jsut discovered this forum and was really happy thinking that atleast i can find some answers here well i am about to be moving from ohio to spartanburg sc and was wondering where do cani find mroe info about decent living apartments or communities and health care provisions in spartanburg and also was wondering the safety of the city in totality . We are a family of three .
Hope to hear from my friends
regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlpal View Post
hi all ,
i jsut discovered this forum and was really happy thinking that atleast i can find some answers here well i am about to be moving from ohio to spartanburg sc and was wondering where do cani find mroe info about decent living apartments or communities and health care provisions in spartanburg and also was wondering the safety of the city in totality . We are a family of three .
Hope to hear from my friends
regards
You could try www.goupstate.com, www.wspa.com (local news), or www.sciway.net. I can try to answer some of your spartanburg questions if you like.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:30 AM

13 posts, read 38,271 times
hi ,
that was real nice of u well i do wann to know some info as far as housing /apartments like the ones that would be safe as an apartment and as a neighbourhood .I also wann to know about the crime rate part too
would appriciate ur help
regards

Old 12-30-2006, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlpal View Post
hi ,
that was real nice of u well i do wann to know some info as far as housing /apartments like the ones that would be safe as an apartment and as a neighbourhood .I also wann to know about the crime rate part too
would appriciate ur help
regards
Apts.
The Corners (eastside)
Hunt Club (westside)
Country Club Apts. (eastside)

I lived at all three of these and never had any issues. There are more apts if none of these are a good choice.
The crime isn't that bad in Spartanburg. All of the places I mentioned are in good places.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:12 PM

43 posts, read 203,651 times
there are some pretty new apts on hwy 9 in boiling springs. It's right near I-85 and convient to spartanburg. I work downtown sparatnburg and it takes me about 15 minutes to get there. Schools in district 2 are pretty good as well.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:20 AM

301 posts, read 804,152 times
Spartanburg isn't a very bad place as far as crime rate, housing, etc. However, the business market is failing here. The street lights are absolutely horrible. If you have children, you won't want to send your children to many of the local public schools. (District 6 and 7 are the main ones. Dorman is very, very large. And Spartan High is not really a good school.) Before you move consider a few things that just make your life over all easier.

I recomend you move somewhere towards the West-side. However, I dont know any of the apartments in that area.

Sorry for not being of too much help.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyerby View Post
there are some pretty new apts on hwy 9 in boiling springs. It's right near I-85 and convient to spartanburg. I work downtown sparatnburg and it takes me about 15 minutes to get there. Schools in district 2 are pretty good as well.
There is also a nice complex that is pretty new in Duncan on 290. The one on number 9 is nice, I pass it every day on my way to work.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 PM

33 posts, read 177,465 times
The apartments ON hwy 9 in Boiling Springs are called the Haven.The rent for a 2 bedroom is around 700.00.Look up www.apartmentfinder.com and put in spartanburg.It will give you a big list.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 AM

55 posts, read 280,262 times
Smile Move to Spartanburg

Like you, I was so happy to find this forum. I have never been on a forum or chat-room, but this seems to have so much info, this is my first reply, so hope you're patient. We moved here from Cincinnati in Sep. 2006. We moved into an apartment as we're still waiting for our home up north to sell & we wanted time to get to know the area before building or buying our new home. I came down last July for a couple of weeks just to search for an apt. We're actually on the westside area, with plenty of shopping & dining within 1-5 minutes, but the apartments are secluded without all the noise & busy traffic. Westgate Mall/Walmart/Lowes/HomeDepot/Target/Kohls/Pier 1/ LinensNThings/Best Buy/Circuit City/Office Max & Depot/Sears/JCPeneys/ TJ Max/Dicks/BedBath&Beyond/Petsmart/Sams Club & more all within 5 minutes of apt. Plenty of grocery stores, pharmacies (Walgreens/CVS/Eckards), vets, doctors, and a variety of banks (Also within 5 minutes). All of your typical fast food joints, plus Outback/Applebees/Oliive Garden/Ruby Tuesdays/Fatz/ O'Charleys/Golden Corral/Hooters & more. Apts are 1 to 3 bedrooms with 1 or 2 baths, pool, kids playground and very reasonably priced. We are in one of the 3 bedrooms, & they have the most square footage of any apts around (trust me, I went & looked at 16 other complexes!). They also have short term leases if you need it & they do allow pets. Hope this info helps you, anything I might help ya with, let me know. Good Luck

Old 05-15-2007, 07:31 AM

4 posts, read 16,335 times
Apts are 1 to 3 bedrooms with 1 or 2 baths, pool, kids playground and very reasonably priced. We are in one of the 3 bedrooms, & they have the most square footage of any apts around (trust me, I went & looked at 16 other complexes!). They also have short term leases if you need it & they do allow pets. Hope this info helps you, anything I might help ya with, let me know.

What is the name of the apartment complex? I'm interested to look at it myself for our move. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area