Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:23 PM

212 posts, read 492,622 times

Advertisements

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 11:06 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,471,745 times
Wow talk about going against the norm! I love Travelers rest and can't stand the rest!

I'm an Asheville NC native and to see such an adversity to being in the country is really interesting. I spent the past 6 months near downtown and hated it with a passion! Got lucky and just found a house in the foothills. Now I'm happy as a clam and actually able to make a living. What a novel concept! haha.

Different strokes for different folks, right!!

Old 11-02-2011, 05:53 PM

18 posts, read 40,275 times
We live in travelers rest and LOVE IT.We are right next to Furman University.
One of Greenvilles greatest assets.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:59 PM

155 posts, read 266,122 times
Travelers Rest
Greer
Simpsonville
Five Forks
Wade Hampton
Mauldin

I live in Greer.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM

192 posts, read 607,625 times
Default Simpsonville is...

....awful. Cookie cutter central, far from downtown, ugly, boring.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 PM

11 posts, read 14,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoann View Post
It takes us 15-20 minutes to get to downtown Greenville from TR depending on how we hit the lights. Lowes/Cherrydale/Home Depot are even closer. It's about the same time to Target on Wade Hampton and the drive is mostly along pretty back roads with little traffic stress. Even Haywood Mall is only 1/2 hour away. All of that doesn't seem too much of a burden considering how lovely it is out in the country.

OTOH - I don't have to worry about schools, so that might be a bigger factor that puts TR consistently on the bottom.

YMMV
That sounds like where we live now. I'm not good with big cities with alot of traffic. If I go shopping in a big town my friend drives cause I get lost. Do you know if they have houses to rent there? We are in our 50's so we don't care about schools either. Are there any autobody shops around there cause thats what my husband does. Nice talking to you, Sharon

Old 11-04-2011, 11:56 AM

47 posts, read 101,744 times
Right now, hubby is living in TR & I'm "commuting" between there & Houston until the TX house gets sold. I know there are other TR residents on the forum who would have better info. You might want to start a new thread on the subject.

Best of luck & hope things work out for you - Jo Ann
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area