Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 02:20 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I contacted Carmike and they said they are always looking to open new theaters. They specifically take over theaters that the lease is up and they are leaving.

That's OK, doesn't mean another one can't open up. Are there any movie theaters in the area that have closed?
Carmike operates two theaters in Spartanburg. The one on Reidville Road is a second run theater, and the other at Hillcrest is a first run theater.

Several theaters closed up nearly a decade ago:

Anderson: Market Place 8
Currently Department of Social Services

Clemson: Astro 3
Currently vacant

Easley: Colony 2
Currently a church

Greenville: Bijou 8
Structure demolished

Greenville: Haywood 10
Currently Indexx

Greenville: Pelham 10
Structure demolished

Spartanburg: Crenshaw 4
Structure destroyed by fire

Spartanburg: Village 6
Currently vacant; may be demolished for new Fresh Market
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Seems another new restaurant is slated for DT Greer called EMBER

Spectrum/Brissie Represent Riddle

Old 10-26-2011, 07:11 AM

Also found this on the Greer Citizen's website:

GREER TODAY

October 11, 2011

The Stomping Grounds, a coffee and wine bar, is coming to Greer at 208 Trade Street. It will be located at the former Gallery on Trade Street, a consignment furniture store.

The restaurant will serve breakfast and lunch and specialize in coffee and wine into the evening.
Construction is scheduled to begin this month.

The hours will be:

Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday-Saturday, 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Sunday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.

It’s the second restaurant that is scheduled to open on Trade Street this month. Ember is set to open at 304 Trade Street. It will feature a Himalayan salt block used for sautéing, grilling, chilling, curing, baking and plating.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 AM

Default Greer Links

Had no idea this link to the Greer Cultural Arts existed.
Greer Cultural Arts Council

Among the pages on the site above there's links to other informative Greer sites like the one below

Greer Station Association | Greer, SC Downtown Merchants Association | Greer, SC

If anyone is interested, I saw this event posted for tomorrow, Saturday Nov 12th at 8am. Would be great for anyone, especially kids who need some community service hours for graduation (do they do that here?) Unfortunately I have plans for tomorrow already, otherwise I'd be there. I may try to see if I could participate, could probably do an hour

November 12, 2011 - Adopt A Hwy Clean Up | Greer, SC

Date

Saturday, November 12
Time

8:00am
Description

Put your working clothes on and join us Saturday, November 12th at 8:00am at Greer Development Corporation to continue our involvement in the community by participating in the SC Department of Transportation's Adopt A Highway Program. GSA has adopted the 2 mile stretch of Hwy 14/Main Street that runs from Wade Hampton Blvd. to Buncombe Road, and we need your help!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 AM

Default Great Bay Oyster House in Greer

We had planned on going to Rivera's for dinner last night only to find them closed for a private party, so we walked over to Great Bay Oyster House to try them out (3 of us had never been)

This morning while on one of the local websites I came across the following, quite by accident. How ironic!

http://www.langston-black.com/PDF%20Brochures/Bro203%20109%20East%20Poinsett%20St%20GBOH.pdf

Old 11-11-2011, 08:59 AM

140 posts, read 271,872 times
Does anyone know if the Kohls store is really a done deal because I have not seen any activity at the old Kmart building.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
We had planned on going to Rivera's for dinner last night only to find them closed for a private party, so we walked over to Great Bay Oyster House to try them out (3 of us had never been)

This morning while on one of the local websites I came across the following, quite by accident. How ironic!

http://www.langston-black.com/PDF%20Brochures/Bro203%20109%20East%20Poinsett%20St%20GBOH.pdf
Noooooooo! We haven't had a chance to try it yet!

Old 11-11-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Noooooooo! We haven't had a chance to try it yet!
They're not closed, didn't see any indication they were closing, seems they are just trying to sell. Hopefully someone will come along and purchase it. Had I not stumbled upon this listing I surely wouldn't have known about it. So go head and try it while you know you can

Old 11-11-2011, 04:56 PM

192 posts, read 607,625 times
I would like to see a whorehouse. Preferably near downtown.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:17 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millers1987 View Post
Does anyone know if the Kohls store is really a done deal because I have not seen any activity at the old Kmart building.
The only activity I have noticed is the windows and doors inside covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area