Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 11:43 AM

10,334 posts, read 7,943,615 times

Advertisements

We're going to get a cabin at Lake Jocassee the beginning of November of this year.

We've gotten a cabin before but when we go we usually just take out own food and just hang out and hike and rent a pontoon, etc.

This year we'd like to go out to eat a few times while we're there.

Any suggestions of what is close by. We don't want to go more than maybe 1/2 hour away. I know there isn't much out there but maybe some of you know of some places I'm not aware of.

Also in the past we've gone in Sept or beginning of Oct. Do you think it will be too chilly at the beginning of November to take a boat? Have some of you ever gone boating in November? I guess you never can tell with the weather these days. I'm also hoping the leaves will be pretty then too.

Also if anyone knows of places to see that we can drive to within about 1/2 hour away.

What about hiking in that area? We usually went up to Whitewater Falls. Any other scenic places in the area?

Thanks.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 08-01-2011 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 02:06 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,911,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
We're going to get a cabin at Lake Jocassee the beginning of November of this year.

We've gotten a cabin before but when we go we usually just take out own food and just hang out and hike and rent a pontoon, etc.

This year we'd like to go out to eat a few times while we're there.

Any suggestions of what is close by. We don't want to go more than maybe 1/2 hour away. I know there isn't much out there but maybe some of you know of some places I'm not aware of.

Also in the past we've gone in Sept or beginning of Oct. Do you think it will be too chilly at the beginning of November to take a boat? Have some of you ever gone boating in November? I guess you never can tell with the weather these days. I'm also hoping the leaves will be pretty then too.

Also if anyone knows of places to see that we can drive to within about 1/2 hour away.

What about hiking in that area? We usually went up to Whitewater Falls. Any other scenic places in the area?

Thanks.
As for food, check at the Market at Keowee Towne. Great place! Like a mini Whole Foods / Earth Fare. They have a good deal of prepared foods and have tables / umbrellas in a courtyard of the shopping center so you can eat there. Very, very cute place. Link below:

The Market at Keowee Towne > Home (http://www.themarketatkeoweetowne.com/Home.aspx - broken link)

Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 PM

10,334 posts, read 7,943,615 times
Thanks gsupstate, that place looks great! We'll have to stop by for sure.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,911,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Thanks gsupstate, that place looks great! We'll have to stop by for sure.
Sure thing. Also check out Victoria Valley Vineyards:
Victoria Valley Vineyards | Cleveland SC

Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 AM

12 posts, read 23,688 times
If your bringing a boat, make sure to check out Laurel Fork Falls. I'm pretty sure you can boat right up to it or at least pretty close. It would be a several hour hike on the Foothills Trail if you wanted to hike to it.

My boyfriend and I have hiked to numerous waterfalls near Jocassee in Jones Gap State Park and Jocassee Gorges State Park. If your looking for a long hike with a good view, Table Rock State Park is also nearby.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 AM

609 posts, read 1,625,217 times
awesome lake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area