Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,871 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on the advertising firm Erwin Penland? I am an ad executive considering a move to the area and would like to know more about the firm from a local perspective. Reputation in the community? Quality of life in the office? Compensation? Any information that anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 PM

4 posts, read 17,670 times
Erwin-Penland is the most successful advertising firm and one of the most respected businesses in the upstate. Their office building is one of the major structures in downtown Greenville. Joe Erwin visited a business class of mine as a guest speaker at Clemson University.

The firm's well-known clients include BMW, Firehouse Subs, Milliken, Verizon Wireless, United Way, Uniroyal. Check out their website at erwinpenland.com. It is very professional and detailed. It should give you some insight as to the services they offer and the depth of their company. You can tell just from the website that Erwin-Penland is up to par with major advertising firms across the country. It has definitely made keeping up with modern advertising a top priority.

As for E-P's reputation in the community, it is top notch. Not only do they provide first-class services and have proven to be successful through their client base and results of their advertising, but they also do a lot of work partially and full pro bono such as with United Way, Partnership for a Drug-Free America, and The Family Book Project.

Quality of life in the office: couldn't be better. One of Mr. Erwin's philosophies was to offer his employees everything he gave himself- same workspace, supplies, input of opinions are all counted equally.

I can't remember much else about the company itself besides how successful it is. Mr. Erwin is also an important political figure in South Carolina. He is a democrat, and I'm republican, but I didn't hold that against him because I was astounded by his professionalism. Hope this helps somewhat, and I hope I didn't repeat everything you already knew.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:33 PM

192 posts, read 608,054 times
Do they pay well?

Old 07-22-2007, 05:41 PM

5,595 posts, read 15,398,420 times
Have you contacted them? You may like to check out the Greenville Ad Club for other related information regarding various agencies and their award-winning productions.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 PM

4 posts, read 17,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
Do they pay well?
Like I said, I didn't remember anything else about the company. I was just a student at Clemson when Erwin spoke to my class and of course we didn't discuss salaries. However, the sophistication of the company and its reputation in Greenville and the southeast would make it worthwhile for someone to find out.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 PM

As if in direct answer to your call, Shoeless Joe! The Greenville News has a story online today all about Erwin Penland and its current and future growth in Greenville. Check it out.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 AM

The excellent reputation and scope of Erwin-Penland continues to expand with increased momentum. The agency has announced a new contract with General Motors. New jobs are perpetually available, if anyone is interested.

Source: EP lands General Motors – The Business Blog

Quote:
GM has hired the downtown agency to provide customer relationship marketing to more than 7,000 dealers, according to EP’s latest company newsletter.

“We’re talking with them (GM) about other possible opportunities,” Finkelstein says.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 PM

63 posts, read 125,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Joe View Post
Anyone have any info on the advertising firm Erwin Penland? I am an ad executive considering a move to the area and would like to know more about the firm from a local perspective. Reputation in the community? Quality of life in the office? Compensation? Any information that anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks!
As someone who works in advertising (in creative) in this area, I may sound biased, but Greenville has some really great agencies. Erwin-Penland is definitely on top of a list that includes The Bounce Agency, Cargo, Brains on Fire, and others. Their national reputation is excellent, as evidenced by the clients they continue to land.

I would just suggest checking out their site. They always update their employment opportunities as they need to. If they don't seem like the fit for you, then definitely check out AAF Greenville. There is a job bank at aafgreenville.org that is also updated pretty often.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 AM

179 posts, read 463,066 times
I didn't see this thread when it was created. I've worked at Erwin-Penland for the past four years. We had around 75 employees then and around 275 now. It is a wonderful company and Joe and the rest of the leadership team do a great job of taking care of both clients and employees. Our culture revolves around hard work, having fun, and giving back to the community. Joe has stated many times that our goal is to become both the largest and the most respected agency in the Southeast.

like fiasco! said, there are a lot of great agencies in the Upstate, many of them made up of former EPers. There is plenty of room in Greenville for smaller, mid-size, and larger agencies. I think that because EP is a larger agency that supports lots of local printers, production companies, etc. it allows the smaller companies access to more of these options than would normally not be available in a city the size of Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area