Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:05 AM

10,079 posts, read 7,758,890 times

Advertisements

Any good recs for haircut/color/highlight and possibly later keratin treatments? Thanks.

eta: would prefer not to go to a franchise type place where you get a cut and color for 10.00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 11:42 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,470,227 times
Haven King at headquaters salon in downtown. You won't be disappointed with her!

Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 PM

31 posts, read 80,946 times
Larry Brooks at Mod Studio does exceptional color and cuts. I have quested his level of talent for years and am thrilled to have found him.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:21 PM

8 posts, read 20,945 times
Lauren at Salon 864 is fantastic!
2499 Rutherford Road

Old 09-13-2011, 09:18 AM

140 posts, read 271,778 times
Default How much is reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Any good recs for haircut/color/highlight and possibly later keratin treatments? Thanks.

eta: would prefer not to go to a franchise type place where you get a cut and color for 10.00.

You should probably tell us what you think is reasonable. I was shocked when I moved here and found out how much many places would charge just to cut my hair. Around $40 seems to be a popular price and that's ridiculous in my opinion. I could go to just about any reputable hairstylist where I used to live and get a good haircut for around $15-18. I live in Greer and found someone who does a good job for $25, but I do not know if that is what she charges everyone. Honestly, I went in to meet her one day and told her I was looking for someone who would cut my hair for a reasonable price and that I thought $40 was way out of line (I have short, easy hair). I've been told by other women that they are paying $100 and up to have their hair cut & colored. I'll stick to coloring my own hair for about $6 a bottle. I know nothing about the cost of highlights or keratin treatments.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:06 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,127 times
What does the average women pay for a cut, color and highlights around here? Curious to know as I'll be looking for someone to help me hide these gray hairs of mine - I'm definitely way over due. As the OP said, not interested in these chain-type of salons. I see a lot of women with colored and highlighted blond hair that looks fantastic - I should stop and ask them where they go but haven't.

Any women who get these services done, can you share what you pay for this service?

Thanks!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:59 PM

For point of reference, Larry at Mod charges $125 for highlights, a demi-rinse to combat evil grays and a cut. I found Larry by stalking hair about the Greenville metro area; my favorite color and cuts were his. He is largely about creating natural-looking, beautiful color and shape.

For comparison, I previously paid $150 for above services. Oddly, I expected to pay $200ish at Mod. Talent, a cool space and you leave looking HOT (aka...a grayless wonder).

Old 09-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocat View Post
For point of reference, Larry at Mod charges $125 for highlights, a demi-rinse to combat evil grays and a cut. I found Larry by stalking hair about the Greenville metro area; my favorite color and cuts were his. He is largely about creating natural-looking, beautiful color and shape.

For comparison, I previously paid $150 for above services. Oddly, I expected to pay $200ish at Mod. Talent, a cool space and you leave looking HOT (aka...a grayless wonder).
Okay, forgive my ignorance, but what the heck is a demi-rinse? Never heard of it. Doesn't sound like it's permanent.

So Larry charges $125 - does this include blowing your hair out? I need permanent color, then highlights, cut and to make sure it looks right, blow dry. Do you know if he charges more for long hair (at least long when he starts, need some chopping).

Thanks for your insight. I'll have to check out their website.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:17 PM

Sorry. Yes, that includes a blow out and style.

Demi-permanent color very gradually rinses out over time. It is a great veneer of color that covers grays and allows light to pass through creating depth.

I have long hair (below shoulder blades) so I surmise your pricing will be similar.

Permanent color, highlights and cut (with blow out) will be more than my combo. However, check their site for pricing or call for most accurate estimate.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocat View Post
Sorry. Yes, that includes a blow out and style.

Demi-permanent color very gradually rinses out over time. It is a great veneer of color that covers grays and allows light to pass through creating depth.

I have long hair (below shoulder blades) so I surmise your pricing will be similar.

Permanent color, highlights and cut (with blow out) will be more than my combo. However, check their site for pricing or call for most accurate estimate.
Thanks - appreciate the info. Looked on the website but didn't see the combo I wanted, so better to call. Definitely want permanent color - well, permanent until it grows out! Seems pricing will be comparable to those in Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area