Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I'm waiting for it to get a little cooler and head over there - haven't been in a long time.

TABS - that place should be shut down - that's NOT a flea market - more like a crap market. It's totally pathetic.

Have you ever gone to the largest FM in Georgia? I haven't but may go one day when we venture in to ATL for a visit:

Pendergrass Flea Market | Home
Is TABS the one in Greer right of the highway before the Barnyard? If so, we stopped there and I agree it's pathetic. There barely was anyone there. It seemed like a small store instead.

The Barnyard was OK. There was a variety of things but it was alot smaller than we are used to. Most of the markets we go to have over a 1000 vendors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM

212 posts, read 492,550 times
Are there any good "vintage" style stores in the greenville area? Im talking about flea market style ish... Shabby chic, cottage style.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:53 PM

140 posts, read 271,817 times
Quote:
Have you ever gone to the largest FM in Georgia? I haven't but may go one day when we venture in to ATL for a visit:
Heard of it, but never been there. We plan to go down to bike the Silver Comet trail sometime this fall so maybe we'll check out the flea market too.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the ideas! What makes it trashy? In my opinion, the flea market I like here is trashy because they sell a lot of junk. The Barnyard market is too upscale and overpriced. Is that what you mean?
I agree with Eldemilla about TABS. There is a difference between junk and crap. I had to laugh when I read your comment about The Barnyard being upscale. :~) It's just not a word I would apply to any FM. Maybe it's the fact that it's clean and fairly neat that leads you to that conclusion.

Quote:
Is TABS the one in Greer right of the highway before the Barnyard?
No, it is not. I don't remember the name of that FM, but it seems to be doing poorly. When they opened I had high hopes for them becoming more of the kind of FM I like (mostly used & old stuff, but not total crap) rather than one like The Barnyard (too much new stuff). The owners have tried some different things to make the FM go, but nothing seems to have caught on. TABS is south of the Greer Wal-mart on Wade Hampton.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:37 AM

15 posts, read 52,544 times
Good to know! I traveled down to Neeses and Springfield this weekend and found some great things. Thanks for the tips, y'all!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:42 AM

15 posts, read 52,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millers1987 View Post
I had to laugh when I read your comment about The Barnyard being upscale. :~) It's just not a word I would apply to any FM. Maybe it's the fact that it's clean and fairly neat that leads you to that conclusion.
Haha! It is clean and neat, but what I mean by upscale is that people try to sell their antiques for what they are worth. Upscale as in antique store, not flea market. I don't like those uppity folks. I want to find the folks who have no idea what they are worth who are selling them as "junk."

Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 AM

123 posts, read 437,460 times
Here's the link to the Jockey Lot which is in Anderson County. It's said to be the biggest in the Southeast. If it's legal, they have it for sale.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 AM

899 posts, read 2,287,689 times
Agreed. The Jockey Lot in Anderson is the place you need to go to.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLovesCarolina View Post
Here's the link to the Jockey Lot which is in Anderson County. It's said to be the biggest in the Southeast. If it's legal, they have it for sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
Agreed. The Jockey Lot in Anderson is the place you need to go to.
Maybe we just went at the wrong time of year, but we went about 6 weeks a go and weren't that impressed. It seemed like they were only at 50% or 60% capacity. Lots of empty booths, and in some areas there were only a couple of booths per row.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:33 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Have you been to the Jockey Lot? That place is HUGE.
We were there today. That place is huge and has everything! I'd definitely recommend it. It's one of the best flea markets I've been to.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:47 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
Quote:
It's truelly the biggest and best in SC, and possibly the surrounding states. I'd venture to say not only if it's legal they have it, but also illegal at the same time. There's essentially nothing you can't find there so to speak. Idk about some people, but I think for most it's hard to really experience the whole thing in one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area